Thread: That's Right Sleeper...

pw_Tony
    http://www.popularhotrodding.com/eng...e_participant/
    So what you guys in 17th in line or what? Or are you not Jon?
    What's the odds of some dyno time?

Sleeper CP
    By the time we figured out what we wanted to use this year and got the application turned in we got bumped to 17th alternate. We decided we were'nt going to spend a small fortune on new parts and I had a whole bunch of 351 Windsor stuff just laying around so we did the application using the Windsor stuff.
    The rules for this years EngineMasters is pretty bitchen. Any size engine and they received a lot of applications with some rather odd ball engines. We just got bumped for some interesting stuff. Geoff was not to happy about it because he and I had some pretty cool idea's. I spent a few hours going over some different options with Bruce Crower. It's always cool to be able to talk to Bruce about making Horse Power. Kind of like talking to Chuck Yeager about flying I would guess. But we got pushed back because they already had a couple of builders that had listed the typical smblk ford. But if I was doing it this year I wouldn't have the money to get the boat back running so it's all good. It would have been bitchen to try some of the stuff we talked about though. We'll have to see about next year. One of the things we did, I fronted the money for Geoff to buy a tumble and swirl meter for his flow bench. I also bought a set of RHS cast iron 200cc heads and a set of Dart Pro1 alumi. heads 170 CC's I already had a set of Edlebrock Victor JR.s and a set of AFR 225 cnc ported heads. So we were going to run all the combo's on the flow bench and get down to the best 3 sets and run all 3 sets on the mule engine before we built the final competition engine. I already had 3 different intakes to try and was going to buy two more. Geoff and his dad just moved the shop last month and that cost them some time and money, so may not have been the best year to do it anyway.
    So I'm alittle bumned too, but the boat will be back on the water in two or three weeks so that's the up side. We'll try a few of the things we were going to do maybe this coming winter just to see what happens.
    Sleeper CP

pw_Tony
    That's too bad. That's what Geoff's all about too, having options in different parts and trying them on the Dyno right away. I know sometimes he was in the shop til 1AM and stuff with John, his dad. I was out the door at 6pm
    And you get to talk to the original Crowers for options, man you have some help with yah and a lot of room to feed off all those guy's knowledge!
    Would you happen to know Todd Ferguson?

Sleeper CP
    !
    Would you happen to know Todd Ferguson?
    No I don't. The EngineMasters stuff will see what they come up with next year. It worked out alright this year anyway.
    Sleeper CP