Thread: Almost done with project...however, I need help

Jetaholic
    Hey guys. I'm so close to having my boat done it's killin' me. However, I'm having issues with the interior.
    I had a guy lined up to do it, but now he's making up every excuse in the world as to why he can't do it, which keeps setting me back.
    I have a new guy who will upholster the seats, but I have to build them, which isn't a problem with the right tools.
    So...
    Does anyone here in the Fresno CA area have a table saw with a rip fence that they could loan out? Or is anyone in the Fresno CA area who does have a table saw interested in helping me make the seats and seat boxes for my boat? I'm trying to get her on the water by early-mid August so we would need to work quick on it. But I definitely need a table saw to tackle the task of doing this kind of work.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

502 JET
    I'm curious to as why you would need a table saw?
    I've built seat frames for a couple different boat and used a standard 7 1/4" skill saw, jig saw, pneumatic stapler and fiberglass and resin.

Jetaholic
    I'm not skilled enough with a jig or skill saw to get my cuts straight. That and I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to making shit. The back seat is gonna be a bench seat so the cuts are long and I can't quite get them straight.

Xlration Marine
    I'm curious to as why you would need a table saw?
    I've built seat frames for a couple different boat and used a standard 7 1/4" skill saw, jig saw, pneumatic stapler and fiberglass and resin.
    Yup and you can even do it without the skill saw, and stapler. Just tack it up and glass the whole thing, little extra on the bottom. And when you buy your wood let the Store cut it down to a smaller size, isn't that what you will do with the table saw:idea: :idea: .
    I like lowes for ripping down to 6" wide, home depot will only do 12". Sheetrock screws work great too.

Cas
    ditto on not needing a table saw and no need to be a perfectionists on any of the cuts. If the interior is done right, all the edges will have foam covering them so the wood won't wear through from the back side.
    Besides that, you really don't want the bottom cut of the back of the front seats to be straight anyway. It needs to have an arc in it so the back is at an angle and not at a right angle with the seat base.

502 JET
    I'm not skilled enough with a jig or skill saw to get my cuts straight. That and I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to making shit. The back seat is gonna be a bench seat so the cuts are long and I can't quite get them straight.
    Your not building fine furniture. Its going to be covered. Try a couple of practice cuts on scrap wood and go for it.

Cas
    Besides that, you really don't want the bottom cut of the back of the front seats to be straight anyway. It needs to have an arc in it so the back is at an angle and not at a right angle with the seat base.
    that's if you do it using 1 piece

LGCDEVIL
    Screw a 1X4 to the plywood 1 1/2" away from your cut. Use it as a guide for the skilsaw. Or lay off the Starbucks before using power tools.

wright27
    I used a jig saw to cut all the wood for my seats. It is easy and I have no wood cutting skills at all, hell my wife helped and made a few cuts also. Just draw all your lines out with a pencil and follow it. You can do it!!!!

tahitijet
    I did my full interior with a skill saw and jig saw as well. your going to have thick foam over all of it so it doesn't have to be exactly perfect but with those two saws and a little time you can make it real nice.