Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I think that my 496 HO run a little rich???

I DIG IT !
    Well do any of you pees have the same problem?? I have owned a few boats in my life time, but the new boat seams to leave alot of the black shit on the back of the boat. Do all HO's do this or just mine. My last boat hat a 502mpi and left some but not this much. And my bor has one too and leaves very little????

CornWater
    Run 87 octane instead of super...

I DIG IT !
    are you sure, does it make it run better??? or i mean leaner. because i allways run the good stuff

are you sure, does it make it run better??? or i mean leaner. because i allways run the good stuff
    merc recomends it.....the computer will richen it up to compensate for the hotter burn .....how many hours .....I heard that merc sets the computer to run rich for 20 hours break in time then the black sheet goes away.....

CornWater
    Doesnt matter how many hours, it will still "soot" up with super in it. I know mine does, and I have about 130 hours.

Phat Matt
    Run 87 and call it a day.

OutCole'd
    Doesnt matter how many hours, it will still "soot" up with super in it. I know mine does, and I have about 130 hours.
    Yep, same here with a 525 also. Regular works fine, no problems.

Sigus
    I run a 525 and 87. Still get the soot. My Bimini cover was red and is now stained black.
    Looked into reflashing the computor and was told not to do it as it would cause diffrent problems.

purrfecttremor
    I also run 87 octane with 130 hours and the back of the boat looks like shiat..
    Merc says its all good

blown65
    We have about 43 hrs on hour HO and it still gets black on the back. 87 here as well. I can actually put twice as many hours on my ski boat and it will be totally clean.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast