Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2001 HTM SS-24 1000hp

Unitek
    Man this thing gets moved back fast !

kadair55
    This boat is not as the owner describes. I drove 750 miles to purchase this boat only to find that the owner told lie after lie about this boat... This boat is not turn key ready like he says it will need a lot of work and money to make it right.. This trip cost me alot of money and he didn't even offer to pay for my lost expenses. I plan to alert the administrater about this tread on this boat. If anyone is interested in this boat please pm me for more info. I drove from alabama to almost chicago and rode in this boat so please contact me first. Major disappointment.

Kachina26
    This boat is not as the owner describes. I drove 750 miles to purchase this boat only to find that the owner told lie after lie about this boat... This boat is not turn key ready like he says it will need a lot of work and money to make it right.. This trip cost me alot of money and he didn't even offer to pay for my lost expenses. I plan to alert the administrater about this tread on this boat. If anyone is interested in this boat please pm me for more info. I drove from alabama to almost chicago and rode in this boat so please contact me first. Major disappointment.
    Speak up, what was wrong.

Unitek
    Well, here is my side of the story.
    Kevin and his friends did drive up from Alabama and came all the way to my home town only for my boat to have problems. I havent driven the boat in over a month because our lake is shallow and very small which Kevin can agree to. I purchased a 1000 dollar Nickerson stage 5 blow thru carb for the boat after our trip to Hardy Dam because I didnt care for the way the boat idled and came into the secondaries when it nosed over off plane. I ran the boat on the hose when I installed the carburator set the idle and left it at that. The problem with the boat was I had the Vacumme lines crossed for the boost regulator and the pressure guage ( the regulator was supposed to be on top of the carb in the box and the pressure guage was supposed to be under the carburator in the manifold) so the boats fuel pressure was fluctuating on the guage.
    It was very unfortunate for me to have some minor problems with my boat the day someone came to look at it, it happens to the best of us. Im very sorry Kevin and his friends came all that way only to see the boat with what happened.
    On the same note, he came all the way that far because it was part of our deal. I agreed to a low offer for the boat if he came all the way up to get it. Since the boat had trouble and he came all the way that far I took another 7 thousand off the price that we had agreed to make it 100% worth while to buy the boat. As far as paying him any kind of money for the trip, he told me they were going to eat lunch then call me with his decision on the boat, only for me to call him and he is already 50 miles down the road.
    Kevin is 100% right, its a 1000 hp blown BBC. There is nothing turn key about them no matter who builds them and who you buy them from. They require alot different maintance than a bone stock 502 mag, there are plugs to check and carb adjustments to be made at times and thats just the nature of the beast.
    The boat will be at Lake Cumberland Ky for the poker run in September. I will be boating with it all week from Monday to Sunday and I invited Kevin and his guys to stay up with me the whole weekend with my friends and myself to go boating with us, drink beer, hang out, stay the night on me.
    The boat is in excellent shape which Kevin can agree to but to have minor problems, there is nothing I can do about that.
    I also forgot to add that since we found the problem, we ran the boat Yesterday to have it faster than its ever been. Its raining up here for the next few days, but once it clears, im gonna make passes and video tape them from the inside of the boat with the days current newspaper and post the videos on here to show there is no problem with the boat
    Thanks
    Mike

kadair55
    I would never had made that 750 mile trip if I had known all that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12