Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: top speed estimate

condor tx 19
    i just got my tx 19 together this spring and i dont have a speedo in it yet. im just curious what everyone thinks the top speed on it should be. its got a 450 horse 502 in it with a berkley pump(12jc) that has an inducer and an A impeller. it is turning 5100-5200 rpms at full throttle. the pump was built by tom morrow in mississippi a couple of years ago. its not brand new but its not wore out either. im running a loader grate on it also. it has a ride plate and a place diverter also. donny little (the midwestern guys will know who he is, he knows what he is doing with a jet boat) helped me set everything up. the hull is a 85 condor tx 19. the bottom has a little bit of hook in it, but not much. im going to fix that this winter.anyone got any guesses on the speed? is 80 mph wishful thinking? what do you guys think?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I think 80-83 is respectable

pw_Tony
    68-73MPH..... just a guess

Sleeper CP
    68-73MPH..... just a guess
    Mid 70's would be max I would think. If it could exceed 75 I would be surprised with only 450 hp. But what the hell do I know?
    Edit p.s. the fact that it is a Gullwing, maybe 78 ?
    Sleeper CP

sdpm
    Find someone that has a portable GPS and borrow it or go buy one. If the GPS reads lower than you had hoped for then return it and tell them that it is defective. If it reads higher than expected buy it !
    For the most part, alot of people that I have talked to that have done this ends up returning them because they are defective!!:jawdrop:

sdpm
    Ain't that right JON ! You have seen your share of "100mph" boats!!

Sleeper CP
    SDPM,
    Neil I know you remember, 15 years ago when James and I were in the pursuit of a legit 100 mph ski boat you couldn't buy a $ 250 hand held GPS.
    We bought a $ 1,500.00 top of the line Stalker Radar Gun (split the cost with Dave @ DCB).
    You could only imagine how many 90 mph jet boats only run 74 mph I got called all kinds of names and was told over and over again that my high dollar radar gun was a total BS piece of shit. Oh the good old days.....
    Get to work so I can get that boat to you tomorrow. Thanks.
    (oh yea, do what Neil said, buy the one that reads the highest)
    Sleeper CP

Sanger Jet
    you should only go as fast as your hull was designed to run at:sqeyes:

Sleeper CP
    you should only go as fast as your hull was designed to run at:sqeyes:
    Now where is the fun in that?
    Sleeper CP

PLACECRAFT20
    I am thinking 68 to 74. My placecraft has 475hp turns a C to 5200. runs 72 in the right conditions 68 to 70 all day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast