Thread: Olds 455 K code heads vs. J code heads

73sleekraft
    Whats the main differance? one of my heads cracked (K code) and i have the opportunity to get my hands on a set of rebuilt J code heads. Is there a big performance differance?? any one know where i can get another K head? Thanks for any help!

Jetaholic
    Yes there is. "J" heads are the "smog era" heads. They run a smaller intake valve than the "K" heads. They'll work but won't perform as well as the "K" heads.

ap67et10
    got a set of k heads if you want...well my dad does but hes trying to sell all the olds stuff he has...block pistons rods crank, k heads, torker manifold and some other crap...give him a call he'll give you a real good deal cause hes just getting everything out of the garage. i'll pm you his info
    AP

ap67et10
    ok you don't have that set up e-mail him at markwpete@sbcglobal.net or call him at 559-917-1785 his name is mark.

Jim Brock
    i have one K head, $75.00 Jim 818-890-1867

73sleekraft
    ap67et10 , left a message for you dad....
    what about "c" heads? do they flow the same as the "k" heads?

kcsteck
    c heads are the best flowing heads. Try to get a set without the hardened seats cause they just cause problems..like fall out and break valves and take out pistons. Trust me been there done that twice!
    Casey

75 spectra V-drive
    I have one set of K heads new valves ready to go. one set of C heads with one droped hardend seat I installed the edelbrock heads on my motor it made a huge difference. make an offer if interested

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    c heads are the best flowing heads. Try to get a set without the hardened seats cause they just cause problems..like fall out and break valves and take out pistons. Trust me been there done that twice!
    Casey
    Yup what he said!

biggraypig
    Get the C's.