Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Friggin' IMCO is pissing me off :(

DILLIGAF
    So, earlier this summer both of my RAMs on my full hydraulic steering went out. The pump also. IMCO blamed it on me keeping it in the water and the buildup that occurs . They charged for the repairs that Savage did for me but Bob at Shockwave went ahead and offered to pay for it as the boat was only one year old.
    About a month ago another RAM went out . Yes, of course one that they already repaired. They used the same damn excuse about the water and so forth and would not cover the repairs...AGAIN! Bob graciously N/C the repairs and I am taking it down to Savage tomorrow AM to re-install it.
    I only keep my boat in the water for 3-4 days at a time and try to keep it clean at all times. Yes, I know buildup can make it hard on the rubber seals for the RAM's but GD it this is ridiculous.
    If IMCO can't build a product that can sit 3-4 days at a time in the water THEIR product is defective.
    If this happens again I will tell everybody high/low about it.
    Whatever happened to standing behind your product? They obviously have NOT read the friggin' book Maybe AJ at Savage or Bob at Shockwave can send them a copy of their book.
    Rant over.....for now!
    Thank you AJ and Bob for helping me out and getting me taken care of. I appreciate the help and will of course continue to send people your way when help is needed.
    ANYBODY ELSE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS WITH THEIR IMCO SETUP?

KineticoH20
    I can't believe Imco decided to take that route instead of just offering good PR and backing up thier 1 yr old product. That will make me think twice about using thier ram steering systems. It makes me sick when companies try to blame warranty issues on anything other than product failure. I could'nt imagine telling one of my customers that the the warranty is worthless because we think that to be the case. Just goes to show you if you piss off a customer bad enough , they will tell everyone they know about it,, it's just bad business.

KineticoH20
    OMG I just realized that I was sympathizing with a Clippers fan What's next monkeys flying out of my (.)

yopengo
    Those dam quagga mussels eating your gaskets?

DILLIGAF
    I can't believe Imco decided to take that route instead of just offering good PR and backing up thier 1 yr old product. That will make me think twice about using thier ram steering systems. It makes me sick when companies try to blame warranty issues on anything other than product failure. I could'nt imagine telling one of my customers that the the warranty is worthless because we think that to be the case. Just goes to show you if you piss off a customer bad enough , they will tell everyone they know about it,, it's just bad business.
    For them, especially after the failure of the newly repaired RAM it would have been proper to just NC the damn thing. Again, Bob at Shockwave picked up the tab so it didn't cost me money. Just time off the water and running the boat back/forth between Havasu/Bullhead to get the repairs completed.

DILLIGAF
    OMG I just realized that I was sympathizing with a Clippers fan What's next monkeys flying out of my (.)
    LOL

DILLIGAF
    Those dam quagga mussels eating your gaskets?
    Hmmmmmm.......new twist but I hope IMCO doesn't hear about the mussles

HM
    What the hell were you thinking that boat parts should be able to work in water? Next, you'll be trying to drive your car on the street!!!!

rivercrazy
    Another example of how Shockwave consistently goes out of their way to keep their customers happy.
    Sorry about the issues your having with IMCO......Not the first time I've heard of them not standing behind their products

DILLIGAF
    Another example of how Shockwave consistently goes out of their way to keep their customers happy.
    Sorry about the issues your having......
    Agreed and thanks. Maybe I will see you at the regatta, unofficially of course

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast