Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bronze lifter bushings

67weimann
    Does anyone use the bronze lifter bore bushings? Are they a good idea to put in? About to send the block to the machine shop to bore/hone and deck and want to know if it was a good idea to have the block machined for those lifter bushings?

79centurion
    Anything wrong with your lifter bores? It they are fine I would leave them alone. If they are out of round or out of spec then I would.
    Dan

67weimann
    they are fine. I read somewhere that if you use a cam .500 lift or more you should use them.

GofastRacer
    You use the bushings to line up the bores if they are not correct!..

fc-pilot
    Bronze bushings are great to put in if you want to talk about all the great things you have done to your engine while you sit around and bench race. We have successfully run engines for hundreds of passes with .800+ lift with 300+ spring pressure without any problems. I like to stay way from bushing them right away in case I have a problem later down the road. That way I can bush them then in stead of throwing the block away.
    Paul

pw_Tony
    Bronze bushings are great to put in if you want to talk about all the great things you have done to your engine while you sit around and bench race. We have successfully run engines for hundreds of passes with .800+ lift with 300+ spring pressure without any problems. I like to stay way from bushing them right away in case I have a problem later down the road. That way I can bush them then in stead of throwing the block away.
    Paul
    I thought they added 50hp right there???? :devil:

fc-pilot
    I thought they added 50hp right there???? :devil:
    Of course! That is why you would brag about having them. I even like to port and polish all my oil galleries. :sqeyes: That is where a lot of the hidden power is and most people don't know about it. :idea: It is almost as successful as running an internally balanced damper on and externally balanced crank. That is what Warren Johnson does to make his big power.
    Paul

VAMI
    Dont waste your money unless you have a messed up lifter bore.Thats only good if your trying to get every last little half hp out.It corrects any core shift and corrects the lifter angle to cam so all 16 lifters work perfectly.This process is pretty much gone eccept for repair since the onset off so many after market blocks that the tollerences are much closer than GMs.

VAMI
    Warren Johnson just uses slick 50 and then waxes his car with AUTOFOM and he also puts magnets around his fuel lines thats worth 675 hp and 37 mph.

IMPATIENT 1
    Warren Johnson just uses slick 50 and then waxes his car with AUTOFOM and he also puts magnets around his fuel lines thats worth 675 hp and 37 mph.
    lol i remember when slick 50 was "hot"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast