Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: deep v daycruisers...

BrendellaJet
    Considering a couple of daycruisers right now, one of which has a fairly deep V. I know with smaller jets the Deep V is a no no for going fast in. Is there a point at which this becomes less of a concern? Im looking to put my DNE motor in a daycruiser and one of the boats I am interested in has a deep V to it. I want the boat to do mid 80's safely, is the Deep V going to be a problem if I should have problems and experieince a shutdown?

pw_Tony
    I would be interested as well for my Spectra:idea:
    I thought you just got the Hot Rod done, why do yah want to go to a bigger boat already?

boats&bars
    80 mph and Daycruiser cant be used in the same sentence, especially if its a jet, there are some fast 21 mini day cruisers, but not a full daycruiser.
    GS marine told me that I could throw 700 hp at mine and not see 70 mph,
    they said its just too heavy and the bottoms werent built for speed...

Devilman
    Not sure if this is considered a "full" daycruiser or a "mini" daycruiser, but this Eliminator will run mid 80s, (GPS 80s, not ebay 80s ) with a blown Ford in it. Never heard him mention any ill-handing issues. And its a jet as well.....
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...atsup1_362.jpg

IndianaTahiti
    Not to change the subject,but Devil man where did you get your swivel seats?Do you have any close up pics? and what the hell hapened to thb?

Devilman
    Not to change the subject,but Devil man where did you get your swivel seats?Do you have any close up pics? and what the hell hapened to thb?
    I may have some close up pics of it, I'll check. If I do, I'll post 'em up for ya in another thread though, so BrendellaJet's doesn't go haywire. Not sure about THB, been having trouble gettin on for weeks from work, but from home is fine.....

IndianaTahiti
    I may have some close up pics of it, I'll check. If I do, I'll post 'em up for ya in another thread though, so BrendellaJet's doesn't go haywire. Not sure about THB, been having trouble gettin on for weeks from work, but from home is fine.....
    Ok thanks

BrendellaJet
    I would be interested as well for my Spectra:idea:
    I thought you just got the Hot Rod done, why do yah want to go to a bigger boat already?
    The hotrod is just such a flat water boat that it wont be a lot of fun just going to the river. I've got a family who I want to bring with me so the ride needs to be some what comfortable.
    The boats Im looking at aren't full daycruisers, more like mini day cruisers compared to the boat in your avatar. There are several that I know of that are in the 80's.

hack job
    my boat is a dana sw20 and it runs mid 80s with a jet . and it has a dne ford in it lol.
    what hull are you looking at?

oldbuck40
    you need to ask Texasjet what happened to his deep V when he put alot of power to it as speed increases the pump will rise up higher out of the water but the boat being heavy and being a deep V it WILL hook to the left or right without any given notice and most likely will throw you out pretty much what alot of others say dont try and make the big boats do what they werent intended to do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast