Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Stole Iraq's Oil??

fatboy95
    Billions in Oil Missing in Iraq, U.S. Study Says
    By JAMES GLANZ
    Published: May 12, 2007
    Between 100,000 and 300,000 barrels a day of IraqÂ’s declared oil production over the past four years is unaccounted for and could have been siphoned off through corruption or smuggling, according to a draft American government report.
    Missing Oil Using an average of $50 a barrel, the report said the discrepancy was valued at $5 million to $15 million daily.
    The report does not give a final conclusion on what happened to the missing fraction of the roughly two million barrels pumped by Iraq each day, but the findings are sure to reinforce longstanding suspicions that smugglers, insurgents and corrupt officials control significant parts of the countryÂ’s oil industry.
    The report also covered alternative explanations for the billions of dollars worth of discrepancies, including the possibility that Iraq has been consistently overstating its oil production.
    Iraq and the State Department, which reports the numbers, have been under relentless pressure to show tangible progress in Iraq by raising production levels, which have languished well below the United States goal of three million barrels a day. Virtually the entire economy of Iraq is dependent on oil revenues.
    The draft report, expected to be released within the next week, was prepared by the United States Government Accountability Office with the help of government energy analysts, and was provided to The New York Times by a separate government office that received a review copy. The accountability office declined to provide a copy or to discuss the draft.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    :jawdrop: :idea: maybe they hid it..

Jordy
    W. has it. Duh... He's using it to summon the hurricanes to do his bidding. :notam:
    The sad thing is, there are people out there who probably would buy into that theory.

KLEPTOW
    Fock the Oil!!!!! Did they ever find the 10 Billion in cash that was shipped over?
    Can someone help me understand why we would ship 10 Billion in cash to Iraq in the frist place.

YeLLowBoaT
    Fock the Oil!!!!! Did they ever find the 10 Billion in cash that was shipped over?
    Can someone help me understand why we would ship 10 Billion in cash to Iraq in the frist place.
    its so we don't spend it on illegal aliens...

bigq
    To pay for the missing oil....
    Why do they push money out here

Cigalert
    Not sure about the oil or the cash I'm still searching for Bobby Fischer.

boat boy
    What about the 330 million US dollars they just found missing from an Iraq bank, oh and the three guards that were suppose to be guarding the bank are missing too.

Infomaniac
    It was me.

Jordy
    What about the 330 million US dollars they just found missing from an Iraq bank, oh and the three guards that were suppose to be guarding the bank are missing too.
    Didn't they make a movie about that??? Had Ice Cube, George Clooney and Marky Mark in it, right??? :idea:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast