Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just drove thru L.A.

CBadDad
    ...and it sucked!
    I drove my son to quarterback camp at Cal Luthran in Thousand Oaks. Bumper to bumper on the I-5 northbound from the 91 to the 405. Three and a half hours to go 130 miles from North San Diego County. :220v:
    After I dropped him off, I cruised with my daughter down PCH thru Malibu to the Santa Monica Pier, were we got out to stretch our legs. Then drove up Santa Monica Blvd to Hollywood. Total gridlock. An hour later we ate dinner at the Hard Rock on Sunset. Tried to get over to see some stars on the sidewalk in Hollywood but it was insane. Jumped on the 101 and headed home instead.
    I don't know how you MoFo's that live and work around there do it.

Kilrtoy
    Come on its not that bad, It only takes me 1 hour to go 18 miles in the morning and afternoon

CBadDad
    Sounds about right.
    The idiot drivers are another stoy...

boatsnblondes
    We don't put up with it anymore.....we moved up North, no traffic, nice people, green pastures, blue skies, nice river to take the woggies down to....you should should stay out of LA if you can...nothing to see there....also, let me know if your son gets scouted by USC...

JetBoatRich
    The drive through Malibu is always nice

CBadDad
    We don't put up with it anymore.....we moved up North, no traffic, nice people, green pastures, blue skies, nice river to take the woggies down to....you should should stay out of LA if you can...nothing to see there....also, let me know if your son gets scouted by USC...
    Oh I will...shit, everyone within shouting distance will hear me braggin' about that. However that is still a couple of years away. Actually Stanford baseball has their hooks in him. Big lefty. He's been to two invitational only baseball camps there already. Me? I've got no loyalties. If I had a real edumication, I'd have a real job. He'll go to the highest bidder as far as I'm concerned.

UltraStealth
    ...and it sucked!
    I drove my son to quarterback camp at Cal Luthran in Thousand Oaks. Bumper to bumper on the I-5 northbound from the 91 to the 405. Three and a half hours to go 130 miles from North San Diego County. :220v:
    After I dropped him off, I cruised with my daughter down PCH thru Malibu to the Santa Monica Pier, were we got out to stretch our legs. Then drove up Santa Monica Blvd to Hollywood. Total gridlock. An hour later we ate dinner at the Hard Rock on Sunset. Tried to get over to see some stars on the sidewalk in Hollywood but it was insane. Jumped on the 101 and headed home instead.
    I don't know how you MoFo's that live and work around there do it.
    You get used to it. You learn the shortcuts. Thursday and Friday is always bad in the afternoon.

Cigalert
    This whole topic is a farce. Nobody drives in LA. It's impossible.

HavaSkank
    I work in Hollywood and downtown frequently.After awhile you learn the traffic secrets and what streets to avoid from 7-9 am and 4-7pm.
    The Hard Rock is lame. You should have had dinner at Cali Pizza Kitchen in the Hollywood & Highland mall. That's where you go for celebrity sightings and freak watching.
    Sandy Eggo is just as frustrating when it comes to traffic. One way streets are a pain in my ass.

H20 Toie
    Its not bad except for all these tourist that keep coming thru.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast