Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kings River

Community
    Anyone going to be there next weekend 20-22?

Jay Vern
    I'll be there jackie!!!!!!

tahitijet
    check water levels... pine flat last weekend was the lowest i have ever seen it at this point in the year. It never even got close to full this year. the river was running but not at full level either.

whitenuckled
    Never been to the Kings river. What are the conditions there? Do they stress on the noise, speed limit, etc. ?????????????

tahitijet
    yes.. a couple big 5mph zones as well

Community
    Yes, was planning on checking levels before leaving. I love that place but it seems they cant get the water right. Last year everything flooded, this year no water. Seems to me the wrong person is in control of the gates.
    King is a great place for small boats, skiing etc. As far as noise, not sure if they will hassle you. The speed limit is 35, but there have been plenty of boats like yours up there over the years.

RitcheyRch
    Never been there either. Not even sure where it is.

riverracerx
    Damn, I grew up on that river. We used to barefoot from the motel beach at 6:00am and run drags down the backside at 7:00 when the cops got off shift. Had some killer t-deck and cracker boxes back in the day.
    I also used to jet ski in places up to your ankles deep. It was great back then. maybe 1984-1988??
    Haven't been there in years. Sure brings back memories.
    We had a '77 DiMarco t-deck runner bottom with a built 454. It did about 92.
    Anyone remember Mike Modglins cracker box with the shark mouth painted on the front? he was unbeatable!

Jay Vern
    We were up there over the 4th and the shark mouth cracker was there. Still runnin the blown motor.
    As far as the speed limit 30 mph when the sheriff is around.
    The water level is still going strong. The outflow from the Pine flat Dam is still above 4500 cfm.
    Should have water till the end of July according to Rosco P Coaltrain (sheriff)
    Jason

jjk94
    Just got back, Plenty of water

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast