Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: So I get a ticket for parking in a handicapped.

dmontzsta
    Of coarse the other option is just to walk a couple of extra steps and leave the HCP spot for clients and/or tennants that may need it for real. As some folks who are disabled measure the day by the number of minutes they can save.
    Sorry to vent here, i don't even know most of you but these things really piss me off. Like when I see some lazy focker using the HCP stall because they want to set their briefcase down. Meanwhile some less fortunate is pissing himself cuz he can't get into a regular stall.
    otherwise good luck at court
    I am with you on this totally. I have NEVER even thought of parking in a handicapped spot.
    This case is totally different. It is not a store front, this is a small industrial area and there are no walk in customers. The units are filled with contractors, who are never there. They get there early in the morning and leave in a work truck, leaving their cars in the lot. We are the only ones there in the day. This spot is directly in front of our front door, it is one of the main spots for us. It is either that spot to the first one there, or park along the warehouse door in the back. Mainly cause all the contractors have small trailers taking up all the spots in the back.

LBZROCKS
    its not properly posted.. take pics..and fight it

meaniam
    this is why i say it will fall on death ears. i parked my elco in front of my house in ontario. one day i come home elco gone bye bye. so i called the police reported it stolen. the next day they called me and said it was impounded by the ontario police dept. for being parked in a fire lane. with the most confussed look on my face i said huh? now heres the shit. we lived in a cult a sac there is a fire lane access driveway conecting to the street above. on the other side. where there is a red curb and firelane sign. remember thats across the street. i said shit i want to take this to court. the lady replied no judge will ever see it this is all handled by a supervisor. so i said i wanted to bring this up with a supervisor. to make a long story shorter the sup spoke with officer that wrote ticket. and pretty much said i was in the wrong pay the ticket and leave. i love the ontario politics. i wouldnt be suprised if they say the same to you

Brooski
    Well, government has never been known to be efficient. Here in the wonderful city I work in, (in So Cal, just choosing to keep it anonymous) all parking cites must be paid to a company called the Phoenix Group in Santa Ana. No payments are allowed to be made here in the city. Everything must be mailed to Santa Ana, even the appeals. What does the Phoenix Group do when they receive an appeal? They mail it back to the traffic division here for review. Then once the decision is made, it is mailed back to Santa Ana, for the company to mail the decision to the person who received the cite. So the person contesting the cite believes it is being reviewed by an independent body, which is not the case, it is reviewed by the same agency that issued it.
    As for the required handicap spots, it doesnt matter if it is industrial, private, or open to the public, handicap spots are still required, and they must be nearest to the entrance.

HM
    this is why i say it will fall on death ears. i parked my elco in front of my house in ontario. one day i come home elco gone bye bye. so i called the police reported it stolen. the next day they called me and said it was impounded by the ontario police dept. for being parked in a fire lane. with the most confussed look on my face i said huh? now heres the shit. we lived in a cult a sac there is a fire lane access driveway conecting to the street above. on the other side. where there is a red curb and firelane sign. remember thats across the street. i said shit i want to take this to court. the lady replied no judge will ever see it this is all handled by a supervisor. so i said i wanted to bring this up with a supervisor. to make a long story shorter the sup spoke with officer that wrote ticket. and pretty much said i was in the wrong pay the ticket and leave. i love the ontario politics. i wouldnt be suprised if they say the same to you
    You got rolled and they LIED to you, and you bought it. When ever someone pulls shit like that, I have my Lawyer contact them...things get settled pretty quickly. But, you have to ask your self how much is it worth. Crap like that, I have no problem spending a few hundred with my lawyer to biotch slap some stupid bureaucrats around. I had a similar situation with a ticket I got parked in front of Dick Vales. Code Enforement wrote the ticket and told me I had no recourse...bullshit! Now I spent $250 to beat a $175 ticket, but it was worth it to me when the ticket got tossed. Bottom line, you get to have your day in court regardless of any "policy".

dmontzsta
    So what do you think of the pics?

So what do you think of the pics?
    Personally I'd plant a few additional gazanias and clean the leaves up a bit.
    And maybe take the pic on an angle so your dumass isn't in the window

dmontzsta
    Personally I'd plant a few additional gazanias and clean the leaves up a bit.
    And maybe take the pic on an angle so your dumass isn't in the window
    So when are you coming over? we can knock it out this weekend Mike.
    :rollside:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456