Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odds of getting a gel repair to match?

Titan7
    Is there anybody who can match the color on a gel coat repair? Small scratch 2" long by 1/8" wide, almost all the way through the blue color. Anybody have a clue what this type of scratch would cost to repair and is the repair going to look bad? I have no experience with this so excuse the dumb question.

ThongMagnet
    It's not that tough. any good touch-up guy can do it. Wait until after the season. The good people are busy with the boat dealers right now:idea:

Titan7
    Thanks, I am looking at a boat that needs this repaired, just trying to get an idea of the cost and what the final outcome will be.

BadKachina
    Blue doesn't seem to be as bad as red. Yellow seems to be impossible to match....

BoneDaddy
    I have had it done a couple of times on my brown boat with great success. K&H Marine in Orange County was very reasonable and spot on with the color match.

disco_charger
    Look up Toddnjuzz on the boards. He's the man on color match. TRG Fiberglass in Montclair or Upland. Can't remember which town.

Robert1050
    My yellow Daytona is almost impossible to match, Fiberglass Reformations (in Havasu) came close, but I had to have some tank mount holes filled & re-gelled & Brian at Tank-It took the boat to a Hot Rod shop he knows - they matched it perfectly. Call Brian for the number if you still need it.

Bense468
    Call up my buddy Todd. TRG fiberglass in Montclair. He will take care of ya. He is also on here as Toddnjuzz
    PM me if you need his number.

edog_103
    Call todd @ TRG (626) 991-9031

burtandnancy2
    Pats Fiberglass in Upland

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast