Thread: Marine Audio or Car Audio

socaldj1
    Looking to put a new Head unit in my boat. Just wondering if most boat installs are using Marine radios or just Car Audio. I also need to upgrade the 6 1/2 inch speakers. We also spend alot of time floating around in coves so is a wirelessremote the way to go or the ones mounted on the back of the boat.

Phat Matt
    A mounted remote and car audio stuff works just fine.

LAFD
    i used all car audio stuff. never had a problem yet.

HMF'er
    Car audio is most popular. Selections in Marine grade head units aren't too great.

ROZ
    Looking to put a new Head unit in my boat. Just wondering if most boat installs are using Marine radios or just Car Audio. I also need to upgrade the 6 1/2 inch speakers. We also spend alot of time floating around in coves so is a wirelessremote the way to go or the ones mounted on the back of the boat.
    Wireless IR remote won't always work in direct sunlight...

socaldj1
    Thanks for the replies. I think I like the pioneer head units, but i don't know how their wired remotes compare with Clarion or Sony. Those seemed to be the ones I found. Guess I'll take a trip to WFS to see what I can come up with. Running out of time! Spring break is right around the corner!!!!!

audioslave
    undefinedundefined
    I'd go with the Marine audio if you dont mind spending the extra $. It's made better and is conformal coated so it will withstand the moisture. Both Clarion (Marine Audio) and Kenwood make excellent marine radios that truely are water proof. In answer to your remote control question I have another suggestion check out www.ideasthatfloat.com. I work for Interactive Technologies and one of the new products we build is an RF remote control that will work with almost any marine radio that has a hardwired remote output on it.We offer a Hub style remote that will simply replace the factory steering wheel center cab Inatalls in minutes and is wireless. The other stlye of remote is a hand held keyfob that is totally waterproof and it floats, plus it has a range of about 100 to 150 feet. No more pointing the remote at the radio (which doesn't work in the bright sun light anyway). this piece comes with a mountable holder that can installed anywhere on the boat. Hope this helps give us a call if you are interested at 1/800/980/9456 ext13. Goodluck! almost forgot the remotes sell for about $150 complete with everything you need.
    bobc (audioslave)

socaldj1
    Thats what I was looking for Thanks again