Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: optima as a company sucks.

Riverbass
    I bought optima battery (blue top) back in April. When I bought this battery it was almost dead but it did fire the boat.
    I ran the boat 4 times since then. The boat was run 3 weeks ago. I pulled the boat out Sunday and went to fire it off and nothing by the way I unhook the battery when I store it. Checked the charging system and cables, all good. Now the PRICKS at optima donÂ’t want to replace it they tell me after they charge it if it holds a charge for one day there is nothing wrong with it. Now I need to drop 2 more bills on a battery but it wonÂ’t be an optima for the jet. I was going to replace all three batteries in the bass boat with optimaÂ’s but I am going to stick with the AC Delco deep cycles. DonÂ’t know what to do about optima I just want my money back. But thatÂ’s not going to happen without a fight. CanÂ’t go into what happened when I called customer service here. But she was a bxxxh also very poor customer service.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I have been selling optimas for 10 years. The blue tops for some reason SUCK! They are identical to the yellow tops but they somehow die very quickly. Replace them with red or yellow tops and you will be happy. ***Stay away from delco batteries**** If you want to killer battery then get a few "workaholics" from interstate. They are the best battery ont he market and will take a serious beating! We use to use them in our hopping trucks and cars back in the day.

Cas
    You won't see me having any Optimas either. I bought a Red Top about 3 1/2 yrs ago, 5 months later it's dead. I get that one replaced and 6 months later that one is dead. I get it replaced one more time and yep, 6 months later it's dead. The company that carried them here in town discontinued the Optimas so I couldn't get it warrantied through them any longer and the next nearest place is 40 miles away.
    Since it was only a couple of days before we went to Shasta last year, I just bought a $40.00 cheapo at Kragen. It's been a year and I have never disconnected the battery and I have yet to have to recharge it. Long live the cheapo

W.O.T
    Optimas are just too expensive for me. I just bought a Kirkland battery from Costco. Two year warranty cant beat it.

Burn504
    i too have went through 5 optimas in the last 5.5yrs...
    3 reds and 2 yellows. they suck for a battery that isnt used daily

LGCDEVIL
    I've had two blue tops for 4 years. I've had them in two different boats. One sat for 18 mos. No problems. Disconnect the batteries every time and charge 'em slow.

LakesOnly
    My Odyssey dry cell lasted years and years. I run the PC1200.
    http://static.summitracing.com/globa...y-pc1200_w.jpg
    For more Odyssey dry cell batts, click HERE. (http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...115+4294769489)
    LO

LuckyDaze
    are any of you fellas using trickle chargers? My batteries seem to last longer than the average person but I put them on a trickle charger when Im not using them. :idea:
    ~Brian

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    If you live near an autozone buy them there. You will NOT beat the warranty program they have!!!!! 3 years free replacement at ANY autozone! I work for carquest and still buy my batteries there. Also, make sure that they are fully charged very slow like 1 or 2 amps! Fast charging will burn the cells in them. Optimas are NOT gell cell. They are fiberglass core in a spiral.
    12.00 is 25% charged
    12.25 is 50% charged
    12.45 is 75% charged
    12.75 is 100% charged

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    are any of you fellas using trickle chargers? My batteries seem to last longer than the average person but I put them on a trickle charger when Im not using them. :idea:
    ~Brian
    Brian is correct! When not in use disconnect and make sure that they get a slow charge once a month. Maintenance will make a battery last a looooong time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast