Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deep Creek Summer Send Off??

Wet Dream
    The goal of getting Anna fully planned for the end of summer probably isn't going to happen. We have run into hotel booking conflicts at the lodge with a large party going on out there during the weekend we wanted, and after that, the power plant has taken all rooms. What about Deep Creek Lake? Its 3 hours from the DC area, closer than that for the WV guys, 4 hours for us. Havre would be nice, but it has it drawbacks. Any opinions?
    Deep Creek (http://www.deepcreeklake.com/default.asp)

LynnsJet
    It's a nice place out in the country. (No DC traffic to fight). I will be there.

buckey79
    Sounds good. Where is it located?

Wet Dream
    Western Maryland, close to WV and PA. Is the whole lake a state park? MikeT knows about state parks and a beer.

fat rat
    What dates are you thinking of?

Wet Dream
    What dates are you thinking of?
    Weekend after Labor Day? What do you think? I'm open, but later = colder.

LynnsJet
    How does it look for Hotels ? I know you will find a bar to dance on.
    Has anyone been there that knows much about the lake? Are there any sandbars to hang out on?
    I was there 10 years ago but I was into fishing then? What I do remember is that most of the commercial businesses, restaurants & Hotels are on the West side of the lake along Rte 219. The East side of the lake is mostly homes.

Wet Dream
    There are hotels, and some nice restaurants, I haven't dug far enough to find any ON the lake, but most within 10 to 15 minutes. I just thought I'd kick this around and get some input. 70 views, but nobody saying anything.

nitro557
    i cant think of any on the lake but some that are close
    sandbar haha doesnt happen out there
    the lake itself is small compared to anna but it could be fun,bob s or jonny b good are the ones to get ahold of for ???s about it i went ther and stayed at bobs house during xmas not a goodtime to scope out the lake:idea: :idea:

Wet Dream
    i cant think of any on the lake but some that are close
    sandbar haha doesnt happen out there
    the lake itself is small compared to anna but it could be fun,bob s or jonny b good are the ones to get ahold of for ???s about it i went ther and stayed at bobs house during xmas not a goodtime to scope out the lake:idea: :idea:
    bob who?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast