Thread: Flywheel question

LUCKYSTATTOOS
    Im trying to find out what you guys think on flywheel weight, running 500hp small block which runs in the 8000rpm range. Boat is driving of the snout.
    thanks
    Lucky

MAXIMUS
    I have had excellent luck with just a standard aluminum flywheel... Don't like steel flex plates as they seem to be less friendly on starters (not as true & tend to deflect).

I have had excellent luck with just a standard aluminum flywheel... Don't like steel flex plates as they seem to be less friendly on starters (not as true & tend to deflect).
    and they don't polish up nearly as nice

LUCKYSTATTOOS
    No one has any reccomendations?

Fiat48
    What Maximus said.

BDMar
    Oh really??? Take an hour or so and look through your stable of boats and tell me which one has a SBC turning 8000?? Now if he asked you which was the hot and which was the cold on a hot water heater you could probably give him more of an educated answer...

lilrick
    Oh really??? Take an hour or so and look through your stable of boats and tell me which one has a SBC turning 8000?? Now if he asked you which was the hot and which was the cold on a hot water heater you could probably give him more of an educated answer...
    Or stable of men.... he may answer ...which end of a man he prefers ...Maxi seems to know men inside and out! He's DOWN with the BROWN if you know what I mean.........