Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What hours do you work?

Mandelon
    As a business owner I always hear from others how great it must be to set my own hours and get to take off whenever I want.
    This always gives me a chuckle, and a sarcastic "yeah right" is my reply. My customers won't be too happy with me if I really had such freedom.
    My day is typically 7:30 to 6:00. Sometimes I go home a little early sometimes a little late. I might to some paperwork at night at home, but usually I'm pretty burned out by the end of the day.
    :sleeping:
    What hours do you work?

MudPumper
    I'm on the 3-12 schedule. I work 12 Hours a day 3 days a week. Yes that's right.....I have 4 days off a week. Needless to say, I love my job.

Froggystyle
    I am in the same boat as you Rich... so to speak.
    I work 6 days, more often 7. Sometimes "work" is going to the river, which is nice, but being engaging and available for that entire period... not to mention completely sober makes it decidedly more "work-like".
    Standard day is starting at 8:00, no lunch, everyone leaves at 5:00. I go work out for a couple of hours and come back to work at 7:00 or so. Work until 9:00 with Audrey here and then go have dinner and go home.
    Weekends, when not working at the river are ususally having appointments with prospective clients or interested parties to see the boat and facilities and working on catchup during the day. We are usually out of here by 7:00 on weekends, but can spend 3-4 hours with each client very, very easily. If a test-ride is in order, it can go much longer... often until dark. Then you clean up the boat.
    This is by far the hardest I have ever worked, including the SEAL teams. It is also the least amount of money I have ever made.

RitcheyRch
    When work my hours are normally 5AM to 1:30 PM

riverbound
    unfortuantely the nature of the business for me is 24/7.
    There will be times where I have a month off, but then I will literaly work a month straight with no break. Technically I have a 9-5 salary job.....but that is just on paper. My phone usually starts ringing at 4am and stops about midnight (our time, I work nationally) and that is Mon-Sun.

OutCole'd
    6:30am till 5:00pm most days, but a lot of vacation time.....

riverracerx
    8:30 - 6:30 or 7:00: Mon - Fri

Mandelon
    I am in the same boat as you Rich... so to speak.
    I work 6 days, more often 7. Sometimes "work" is going to the river, which is nice, but being engaging and available for that entire period... not to mention completely sober makes it decidedly more "work-like".
    Standard day is starting at 8:00, no lunch, everyone leaves at 5:00. I go work out for a couple of hours and come back to work at 7:00 or so. Work until 9:00 with Audrey here and then go have dinner and go home.
    Weekends, when not working at the river are ususally having appointments with prospective clients or interested parties to see the boat and facilities and working on catchup during the day. We are usually out of here by 7:00 on weekends, but can spend 3-4 hours with each client very, very easily. If a test-ride is in order, it can go much longer... often until dark. Then you clean up the boat.
    This is by far the hardest I have ever worked, including the SEAL teams. It is also the least amount of money I have ever made.
    Same boat.... LOL. I remember when I started out, it was similar. I was at work til 10:00pm often. Sometimes up till 11:00 writing up estimates and such. The first years are the hardest for sure. Its always "on" meaning there's very little slack off time. Sure we can go get some beers once a month or so but its usually just busy as can be all damn day.
    I could sit at this desk for 4 days straight and not be as caught up as I'd like to be.

Mandelon
    unfortuantely the nature of the business for me is 24/7.
    There will be times where I have a month off, but then I will literaly work a month straight with no break. Technically I have a 9-5 salary job.....but that is just on paper. My phone usually starts ringing at 4am and stops about midnight (our time, I work nationally) and that is Mon-Sun.
    RB, what do you do?

Devil's Advocate
    8a - 5p M-F, or should be anyway.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast