Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hydrolock?

koyota93
    If I turn off my motor before turning off the hose going into the flush kit, can this hydrolock my motor?
    Basically I have installed 2 starters and both of them won't spin. You can hear the solinoid engage, but not enough juice to spin. I have tried different batteries, jumper cables, bypassing the ignition and putting wires straight to the starter. It just wont spin. In fact, the first starter had a broken nose cone when I took it off. I can't figure it out. I'm thinking maybe I left the water on the last time I started it. When I put the first starter, I was able to start it twice but after that no luck.
    If I did hydrolock the motor, I need to pull the plugs right? I have Glenwood logs and they seem to be kinda in the way of pulling the plugs. Does anyone have any tips or do I need to pull the logs too?
    Thanks

502 JET
    If you think you filled the motor with water pull the plugs now!

OverKill
    Yep you gotta yank the plugs out. I know there is an acid you can put in the cylinders for hydrlock purposes.

jbone
    If you think you filled the motor with water pull the plugs now!
    Like 502 said, NOW!
    Get them plugs out and turn it over. If water shoots out, get the cyls as dry as you can and try to get it fired up. You may have to R&R the plugs as many as tens times to dry them off before it finally starts. The sooner you get it running and oil flowing again, the better you will be.
    If you can't fire it up, I'd spray some wd-40 in each cyl to protect it for now.
    J

Moneypitt
    Get a cheapee plug socket and grind off the top as needed to get it on the plugs. I still have the one I ground down.....Get the plugs loose, then use a short piece, (6 inches or so) of fuel line, slipped over the plug to turn it the rest of the way out. Re install the same way................MP
    PS, if it started once, it aint hydrolocked from the last time you ran it on the hose.......Are you grounding on a painted surface of the block??? Is there heavy paint between the starter and the block? Are you using actual "knurled" starter bolts?

jetovatorjeff
    get a air compressor out and blow the water out of each cylinder head. she will fire when dry with some dry plugs. dont wait on it as rust will set quick.

boats&bars
    save yourself a headache check the oil for milkshake , go buy some fogging oil pull the plugs spray each barrel,(to lubricate the barrels if rust has set in) roll the motor over for no more than 30 seconds at a time repeat 3 times replace the plugs, fire it up.

koyota93
    False alarm. I pulled the plugs and hooked up a different battery. It turns no problem. The plugs were shot, so I put some new AC Delco R45TS plugs in it. It started right up. I came to the conclusion that the 1st starter was bad and my battery is bad and my buddy forgot to hook up the wire from the battery to the 2nd starter, so that's why it wasn't spinning. Glad I took it apart cause the 2 of the plugs were really bad. thanks for all the help.

FuelInMyVeins82
    If you have hydrlocked a motor I'm not sure that it is the best idea to fire it until you have found out how the water got in there in the first place. I would also be concerned about the water that is in the oil

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast