Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Havasu Speed Poll

TIMINATOR
    Lets take a poll of "safe cruising speeds"!

Daytona100
    Dude you must be a glutton for punishment!!!!!!!! Everytime you post something you get the Hell beat out of you. Good luck Mike.

TIMINATOR
    Just want to find out what the "rules" are, I didn't find out the "clique" rules in High School till late in the senior year. I apparently am still not "cool" enough to have anybody agree with me. Mebbie the next poll should be: do we use and set-up the roller cam springs that came with the cam to the specs that came with the kit, or listen to whomever will tell us what we want to hear? TIMINATOR

djunkie
    I don't believe a speed limit is needed. But some people should be taught what reasonable/safe speed is for certain conditions. I can't tell you how many times I've been passed by a triple digit cat in traffic on the way towards the sandbar. Like threading a needle.

Daytona100
    Anyways to answer your question. I feel you should be able to go as fast as you want. With the proper equipment and conditions of course. Mike

HPBoats83
    I'm more in favor of a common sense school / boating license school or something along those lines. I think if you have a boat that will run 100+ you should be allowed to run your boat at those speeds (conditions permiting). I love watching a boat pass me (they all seem to) at a high rate of speed but it pisses me off really bad when they come across my bow and just don't use common sense when driving, or when somebody pulls out infront of me. Besides personally wouldn't it kill the economy in Havasu if they did put a speed limit on the lake. They already have noise restrictions, now speed. IF there was a speed restriction I think everybody would just go somewhere else. We have elsinore and perris right here (35mph) and if havasu turned into that, i might as well go local.
    James

Daytona100
    I told ya!!!!!!!!!!!

RaceFace
    Maybe the next question should be" who made you god's gift to the tech forums and why couldn't you answer any of the legitimate questions concerning YOUR qualifications? Every one of my questions from the outdrive thread still stands and until the answers are forthcoming I will guarentee that there will be questions in most peoples minds as to just who the h*ll you are. This is the sandbar so I don't know if your "crying" to a moderator will get this thread locked down for your self protection but I guess we're going to find out.
    At this exact moment in time you have given us nothing to justify any confidence in anything you post. UNTIL you are upfront with our members I will just consider you to be nothing more than a bullsh*t artist and my recommendation would be for all members to beware.
    As to your speed limit poll let's just say " a man's got to know his limitations and adhere to said limitations in a reasonable and prudent manner".
    Rio
    http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...ce/shizamn.jpg

Havasu Daytona
    I hate speed laws. Speed laws mostly create revenue for the LE agencies. Speed laws cause the LE to increase personnel, increase funding because of the increased personnel and increase funding for more LE boats to patrol the areas. Realistically the LE's true public service could be used in a more just manner i.e. helping people in trouble, investigating emergencies and being a good custodian to the society that our kids can look up to as role models.
    I have been going to Lake Havasu since 1968, in that time I have seen more than my share of boats running at a high rate of speed during the day and at night. Many times I have been crusing or fishing in the early morning and seen a boat that has run a gound or up a hill because the driver was an idiot.
    I SAY NO F_ING SPEED LAWS ON LAKE HAVASU!!!
    I believe the more intelligent answer is to require all boat operators to obtain a license to operate watercraft. Personally, I have taken classes and passed the required tests to obtain such a license for watercraft operation on Lake Arrowhead. Licenses should be shown at launch time on the launch ramp. The LE could do this easily and more effectively before the boat hits the water. In my opinion, a simple change like this can save lives.
    By the way... I have been boating in the high speed zone on Lake Elsinore and condensing speed into a designated area is a dangerous idea. It scared the shit out of me when was there.
    Be safe... be attentive... go fast only early in the morning when no one else is on the lake.

nodigg
    Within 100' of a vessel at anchor, no wake!
    Beyond 100 Yards...take it to the limit of your bank account!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast