Thread: Big Proppa, I need Measurements

flat broke
    Bill,
    I need the distance from the front of the rail to the centerline of the first bolt hole through the stringer, then the distance from bolt centerline to bolt centerline for each additional bolt. I wanna keep from swiss cheesin your stringers if at all possible. Take the measurements for both sides, and be sure to tell me which side is which. I left a message on your cell, but never heard back. I just need the bolt hole dimensions and I can pop the holes and cut lightening slots on the backing plates. There is a very remote possibility I can get the rails to you at Ming on Sunday if you're goin. But I'll need those measurements 1st thing in the AM. Also let me know what diameter bolt was being used to mount the rail. I'm guessing .375, but there were some not so standard items on the old rail kit, so I want to make sure.
    Thanks,
    Chris.
    BTW I probably won't be around on my cell much after 12:00pm on the 20th because we'll be at Inland invasion.
    [ September 19, 2003, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: flat broke ]

Big Proppa
    Hey sorry bro - just got side tracked trying to gather up all the other stuff I needed. Is it your plan just to pop the holes in the backing plate or are you trying to complete the rail itself also?. I'm not working today so I can have those measurements for you in a few - give me a call when you get up.
    Thanks

Big Proppa
    Also, we need to try and hook up on Monday or tuesday morning - We'll be at daves from about 8:30 on to try and rap this thing up - do you think everything could be done by then. I'm not sure where you live but could come by so you won't have to go out of you way.
    Thanks again I really appreciate the help.

hey bill,tina told me you called last night.i will be home from work tonite after 6.

Big Proppa
    She said you were getting your beauty sleep.
    I'll give you a call later

flat broke
    Bill,
    The holes on the rail have to line up with holes on the backing plate I'll call you in a second.
    Chris

wrightnow
    Hey Guys,
    Bill Chris lives close to me so if needed I can pick up the rails and bring them with me on tue.
    Let me know...
    Mark