New to the site, have looked around for a while, great info and entertaining! lol
I am in the process of putting together my first "performance" boat. I have boated all my life, mainly fishing, prawning and pleasure boating in small run-abouts. I have a few friends who race boats locally and I have been in a few local Poker runs, I now have the urge and $$$ to do a mild performance boat for myself........well enough blabbing.............
I plan on putting a 1969 396 BBC that I have all rebuilt and ready to go into a 25ft Donzi, question is, what outdrive should I marry to this and what type of exhaust system should I look for? It will be raw water cooled. I am not particular about brand but one outdrive I was told to stay away from was OMC? Apparently parts, especially here on the West Coast of Canada, are hard to find and will get even harder to find....?
I don't want to break the sound barrier, I know, I won't in a 25ft with maybe 400hp, but I want something dependable and fun. Thanks for any input. Jeremy