Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ford F450.. My review

Magic34
    Hey magic... if you would like to pull your boat with a 450 let me know. I have had mine for a few months now and the power seems to get better the more miles i put on it. I pull a quad axel 50' Weekend Warrior with mine and it does great in my opinion. Also the cooling system on it is awsome! Alot better than my 05 f350. Also the new chip gets rid of the limiter. I also looked at the freightliner but the tow rating on it was not as good as the ford 450.
    Thanks, but it is too late. I am in the Freightliner now. I like having the weight of the truck so the boat doesn't throw me around.
    Good to hear about the F450. I think the idea of the truck is great, I just didn't get what I was expecting. Sounds like it gets better with time.

Magic34
    LLY's had cooling problems, LB7 and LBZ have never that I have heard. Have you tried the synthetic Evans Coolant ????????
    http://www.evanscooling.com/html/npgPls.htm
    Not cheap, but works VERY well .....
    Yes, they did. I used to pull my 34 cat and behind me was a friend in his 30 deckboat, both Magics. I had the dually LBZ, he had a 2500HD LLY.
    His load was lighter, but my LBZ would pull on him and stay cool, where his LLY would start to get hot and he would have to get off of the throttle.

Thunder Struck
    Freightliner is an awsome truck. I wish it would have worked for me. Witch one did you get?

Magic34
    Freightliner is an awsome truck. I wish it would have worked for me. Witch one did you get?
    Sport Chassis M2 Business Class

Baja Big Dog
    So, is it true that the new F series need the whole cab pulled off for any work other than basic repairs?
    I get the "purpose" built idea on pulling heavy loads but I drove it and it is different in take off from a Kodiak. I've driven an 05 Kodiak a scant 500 miles towing 15k lbs. in skid steer and the LLY seems more responsive under load and empty than the new 6.4/F450. Both were 4X4's.
    Yes the cab comes off...as does the DuraJap.
    Weve R&r'ed a few, and its a lot quicker to lift the cab, than pulling out the engine compartment....it sounds scary, but everything is plugged in, and like I said, when have yo ever pulled an engine with the hood and the radiator was still on the truck!!!!

LOWRIVER2
    Hoods and radiators come off quicker than cabs. I've seen head jobs on Dmax's without the cab coming off. Not so on the Ford per the techs. That would be pretty pricey in labor costs once they get over the warranties. Hell what was I thinking? no one keeps them after warranties expire.

vee-driven
    its a ford, what were you expecting.

Trailer Park Casanova
    What we're hearing from new Ford truck owners are the alternators fail, and they're getting goofy reasons from Ford why.
    Also, the replacement Ford alternators are just as bad.
    This story repeated from the new Ford owners that camp around us at EC.
    Heads up.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234