Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odd question but, anyone out there w/ some Boss 429 parts ?

1968Droptop
    A buddy of mine is having a Blown Boss 9 built at a machine shop. Their not far from breaking it in and tuning it on the dyno. But he's got a small problem, no headers. He needs to find a pair to rent/borrow for a week. He would just buy a set, but he's putting the engine in his `79 F-150 4X4 show truck and he has to have the headers mocked up and built for the application. A race shop in MN. is putting the engine together, and we live in WA state. So he's got no way of getting the headers built until the engine is here, but it's being broke in n tuned there. Anyone out there know of anything that may be able to help him out ?

wsuwrhr
    A buddy of mine is having a Blown Boss 9 built at a machine shop. Their not far from breaking it in and tuning it on the dyno. But he's got a small problem, no headers. He needs to find a pair to rent/borrow for a week. He would just buy a set, but he's putting the engine in his `79 F-150 4X4 show truck and he has to have the headers mocked up and built for the application. A race shop in MN. is putting the engine together, and we live in WA state. So he's got no way of getting the headers built until the engine is here, but it's being broke in n tuned there. Anyone out there know of anything that may be able to help him out ?
    Not in WA. If you were in So Cal maybe.
    Anyone know of Glenwood logs for a 429?
    Brian

1968Droptop
    Not in WA. If you were in So Cal maybe. Anyone know of Glenwood logs for a 429? Brian
    He needs them in MN., and is willing to rent and pay shipping costs to n from ?

wsuwrhr
    He needs them in MN., and is willing to rent and pay shipping costs to n from ?
    Nah,
    I highly doubt they are going in a box.
    Brian

I've got my spare set of Boss 9 roadster headers. They are equal length 2", but long collector. How long and when does he need them? The only reason I would need them back quick is I get popped for running the zoomies on the street.

wsuwrhr
    I've got my spare set of Boss 9 roadster headers. They are equal length 2", but long collector. How long and when does he need them? The only reason I would need them back quick is I get popped for running the zoomies on the street.
    Boss 429 headers will fit a 460 Roost?
    Brian

The original headers were for the Blown 9 in the roadster originally. The difference between the boss exh ports and standard is the bolt width across the port. The port centerlines are the same, just the Boss ports have a wider bolt spacing. The headers on the roadster when you rode in it were the Boss headers. You can only put 4 bolts per header on though. :cry:

wsuwrhr
    The original headers were for the Blown 9 in the roadster originally. The difference between the boss exh ports and standard is the bolt width across the port. The port centerlines are the same, just the Boss ports have a wider bolt spacing. The headers on the roadster when you rode in it were the Boss headers. You can only put 4 bolts per header on though. :cry:
    Okden.
    I was starting to think the bolt patterns were the same.
    Brian

1968Droptop
    Well a possible date has been set. Just need to find some way to get some ex. manifolds/headers. Anyone have any ideas ??? Thanks all.

b's sanger
    try ebay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast