Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: blown injected on Methanol

flattie
    Well I stepped up to the plate and converted it last week just got back from the lake. Hits super hard and pulls like a MOFO wow unreal put at about 6300 rpm it starts to fall on its face and gave me a small pop. Im running a 468 chevy 6-71 15% over the butterfiles are at .008 it surges from 900rpm to 1900 rpm sounds bitchn and Im running a 135 jet. Plugs are really hard to read. bassett race mufflers are tan. Not sure which way I should jet this bad boy. Any tuning tips would be a help. going to work on getting my engine temp up in the morning

dossangers
    your going lean richen it up 10 and try it it should pull all the way up to 7500 and beyond if it still does it try another 10 the plugs should be blue on the strap if real lean good luck.

flattie
    Thanks for the input do you run a high speed lean out?

Fiat48
    Surges wide because the barrell valve is too fat. Lean the barrell valve a couple flats.
    Plug reading here:
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...ght=read+plugs
    No mention of what pump or nozzles. When in doubt...fatten it.

flattie
    I have a 110 enderle pump I will have to look on my card to see what nozzle size I have thats back at the garage I will find out tom morning

amatoracing
    hey flattie how do you like the methanol.

flattie
    It is crazy! Thanks to you guys for the ride that made me step up. I think once i get the tune up right it will be time for the bigger gears. This thing will wheelie hard even with your foot in the plate at about 60 mpm. Also need a stiffer spring on the throttle return way to easy to move but wicked

amatoracing
    no problem i figured you would like the jet boat. once you go alky you dont go back.

flattie
    Well. It does have its down falls. Lol I had to launch where there isnt any no wake zones on the far side of the lake. I wont be going down the channel anymore due to it doesnt idle that great and plows about a 3 foot wake behind me. But when u light that puppy off people come from everwhere to check it out. I have been driving that boat for 8 year and this weekend I had 3 diffrent occasions people give me the thumbs up. Only person who hated it when they got wind of the injection and alcohol was my dad. Im sure he is just worried. Just have to prove him wrong and be very careful with it. You always here the horror stories that go with it

amatoracing
    sounds good flattie i cant wait to see all 4 blown injected sangers together at hardy. we are going to rock the sand bar this year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast