Thread: Mitt Romney's Campaign

Old Texan
    It seems Mitt Romney is doing his campaigning a little differently then the Dems. Instead of bad mouthing the Rep candidates he's refuting what the Dems are claiming.
    Candidates in general:
    "It would be helpful to have a person leading the country who understands how the economy works and has actually managed something," the former Massachusetts governor told reporters after a GOP fundraiser. "In the case of the three Democratic front-runners, not one of them has managed even a corner store, let alone a state or a city."
    As for Hildabeast:
    "Hillary Clinton just gave a speech the other day about her view on the economy. She said we have been an on-your-own society. She said it's time to get rid of that and replace that with shared responsibility and we're-in-it-together society," Romney told the crowd. "That's out with Adam Smith and in with Karl Marx."
    John "No Terror Threat" Edwards:
    "To have someone like Senator Edwards stand up and say there's not a war on terror, that it's a Bush bumper sticker" is unacceptable, he said. "There is a war being waged by the terrorists. If I or any other Republican president is running this country, there will be a war waged on the terrorists."
    And Mr. Obama's take on healthcare:
    "Barack Obama said we're going to have to have the government take over health care. He at least had the integrity to say he wants to raise your taxes," Romney said. "The right answer is not a government takeover, it's not socialized medicine. It's not Hillarycare."
    Romney sees these folks for what they are and helps the country visualize the mess they have planned if elected. If my statement is to be judged by the Libs as having Romney do my thinking, then so be it as it mirrors what I've felt all along.
    These 3 prime Dem candidates have absolutely nothing for experience but politics and ambulance chasing in Edwards' case. I guess Hillary was maybe a good observer, that's excellent training for such an important position.
    Have the Dems ever addressed why these chosen 3 are their best offering? And why they could be considered qualified? If so I missed it.
    Oh yeah, he also mentioned Illegal Immigration:
    During an Iowa visit last week, Romney struck a hard line on illegal immigration. He criticized Giuliani for making New York "a sanctuary city for illegal aliens" by failing to enforce the immigration laws on the books. Romney also noted that as governor, he had deputized state police to enforce immigration laws and denied driver's licenses to illegal immigrants.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Nice straight shooting on things, along with telling what he offers, instead of JUST what the others do not.
    Too bad this OLD way of campaining looks new. I can't recall when I last saw much of "I will do X", instead of "Look at the baggage of candidate Y".
    I have heard severalo interviews with Mitt, and he seems like a good man for the job. At least he seems (at this far to early a date to decide anything) on a man worth watching, and consideration.