Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hanging it up.

fatboy95
    Hey, you should hook up with "mdunn01". He is selling that beautiful Cole T deck with a 440. If he had a little more HP in that thing he could sell the boat and you could sell those parts quite easily. Just a thought:idea:

126driver
    This would be one of your better boating weekends.
    Uh, yeah. I guess you're right.
    I just wonder what Connant was polishing in the stock outboard pits?

126driver
    This is a cold piece of work. Jerry has dirt on everybody. And probably true.
    Hey Scott, you wanna sell your boat?
    How much does it weigh??
    Nah, Morg, I'm going to hang onto it, rename it "War Trophy" cause that and my dog are all I got out of the divorce, and renumber it SS One-Twenty-Sex cause some other yo-yo thought it would be a good idea to run #126.

adjones419
    Come on Scott, you can't compare yourself to Mike! You run an entirely differnet program.
    Example of a boating weekend for 126driver.
    1. Arrive in town the night before a race and head straight to the bar.
    2. Wake up in the middle of the street or in some jail 2 cities away with no memory of how got you there.
    3. Arrive in the pits saturday evening just in time for sundays first heats.
    4. Place 4th in the LCQ because crew chiew Jeff Conant was over at the stock outboard pits instead of adjusting valves, changing gears and wiping the soot off the engine from the fire in heat 1.
    5. Pack up the boat using someone elses crew to push the boat in because your crew is still in the stock outboard pits.
    6. Place first at the dually drags in the hotel pasking lot.
    7. Get home to find your garage was ransacked by thieves and your wife wants a divorce.
    I don't know...that sounds pretty fun to me.

RUSSO
    Come on Scott, you can't compare yourself to Mike! You run an entirely differnet program.
    2. Wake up in the middle of the street or in some jail 2 cities away with no memory of how got you there.
    4. Place 4th in the LCQ because crew chiew Jeff Conant was over at the stock outboard pits instead of adjusting valves, changing gears and wiping the soot off the engine from the fire in heat 1.
    5. Pack up the boat using someone elses crew to push the boat in because your crew is still in the stock outboard pits.
    7. Get home to find your garage was ransacked by thieves and your wife wants a divorce.
    Ans i thought it was only me..WE GOT TO PARTY!!!!

lucky
    sweet - the taco crew rules lmao

dmontzsta
    Hanging it up? Come on Mike, that is the easy way out!

GN N Garage
    Mike I do not know you. I do know many of your supporters plus you are farm boy, and that really stands up in my household. I felt just like you. When you described your first sentence some 5 years ago. Lost my job bad back, couldn't push the down pedal, then sold the boat within a week of listing it. I really knocked my head against the wall many times after the sale, asking myself why did I do such a foolish thing. I should of stored it out of sight. I found myself ending up at races, and events only to become more depressed not to be in the mix. I could not stay away. Then I saved, planned, and purchased a small project just 3 weeks ago that will take me 6-12 months to get in the water I feel good now........even though it is an endless pit of money with many challenges ahead. I really believe it's worth it, and a hobby we can have fun doing well into our senior years. ....just take a break....wait one more week....Good Luck, and wish you rain when you need it.

Mike,
    I know that this had to be a tough decision But, you and/or Taylor are always welcome in my boat. Hell, I might convert you to the other side!!!!!

Lefty
    K-flat good luck in what ever you decide to do. Hopefully just because your selling the boat that doesn't mean you gonna stop with the videos? Eventhough we haven't seen one in a while. Keep us up to date with what you decide to do.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast