Thread: Where can I use a sandrail around Havasu?

Mike K
    I know about the two ohv areas on the Cali side of Havasu but I haven't been there yet. Is that area mostly sand or is it desert terain? I have a 2 seat VW rail and I am kinda wondering about what tire choice is best for around Havasu? Any info about sand dunes and buggy use around Havasu would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike K.

GABACHOS_LBC
    Plate it, street tires, and roll it all over Havasu seems like the way to go.

phebus
    You can head off Bison, go to Standard Wash. Lots of places to ride.

bohica
    South end of town - Standard Wash right of the 95. All hard pack, trails for miles & miles.

Goad
    there is a sand dune on the north end of town in desert hills (just north of windsor on london bridge road)....its been open for offroading since i was in diapers, but I was out there at the beginning of the month and no trespassing signs were posted every 5 feet along the road. They were put there very recently.

TrojanDan
    Lots of places to ride. Get a BLM map at Bashas or the BLM offices. Standard Wash is huge. Definitely dirt tires and no paddles. Trails can get real rocky.

djunkie
    I know about the two ohv areas on the Cali side of Havasu but I haven't been there yet. Is that area mostly sand or is it desert terain? I have a 2 seat VW rail and I am kinda wondering about what tire choice is best for around Havasu? Any info about sand dunes and buggy use around Havasu would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike K.
    Right up the street from my house.

DUCKY
    Give me a call if you want go out for a cruise. My wife and I run a 2 seat VW car all over the place out here. Been on the Topock run with it, down to Standard wash by way of Bison, etc... On the tire selection question, just think rocks....Lots of rocks. I have a set of 31-10.5-15 Negotiator AT's on mine and have been pretty happy with them so far. I run about 20-25psi in them and 35+ in my 5 rib fronts.

vee-driven
    You could buy mine it's street legal, see the plate!
    http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...0270612221.jpg