Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle accicent

DDV71
    I was hit on my harley about six weeks ago while riding on the 10 frwy. by the pomona fairgrounds area.The driver of the suv lost control while trying to do a lane change from the diamond lane into #1 lane almost hitting a car ,he jurked back hard left ,hit the center "k" rail came across and hit me in lane #2 At this point I was knocked out,two people said they saw what happened and that I left the bike ,continued across lanes #3&#4 coming to rest along side the frwy.His suv, when I came to, was about four ft. away from me and his truck was a total.My bike was about 100yds.down the frwy.from me,when I saw the bike it seemed to be a total.After $13,000.00 in repairs I get it back Wed. The insurance co. representing him has only made contact with me one time after we called and written them.We now are getting a lawer,anyone out there have an idea what "pain and suffering" might be worth in a case like this?

Captain Dan
    How much pain and suffering did you endure? Were you injured?

yopengo
    Sorry about your accident. Be thankful you are alive. Hopefully no serious injuries.

WYRD
    good rule of thumb 20% more than the total of the hospital bill

driverno8
    Glad you're ok but this is the exact reason I sold my Harley.

DILLIGAF
    I went thru this a few years back. Contact Steve Schiparo of Shiparo-Gilman in Santa Ana. They handle motorcycle accidents and got me a pretty good chunk of change. I had a semi run me off the road and try to flee.
    Anyhow....check your PM

Big Warlock
    I was hit on my harley about six weeks ago while riding on the 10 frwy. by the pomona fairgrounds area.The driver of the suv lost control while trying to do a lane change from the diamond lane into #1 lane almost hitting a car ,he jurked back hard left ,hit the center "k" rail came across and hit me in lane #2 At this point I was knocked out,two people said they saw what happened and that I left the bike ,continued across lanes #3&#4 coming to rest along side the frwy.His suv, when I came to, was about four ft. away from me and his truck was a total.My bike was about 100yds.down the frwy.from me,when I saw the bike it seemed to be a total.After $13,000.00 in repairs I get it back Wed. The insurance co. representing him has only made contact with me one time after we called and written them.We now are getting a lawer,anyone out there have an idea what "pain and suffering" might be worth in a case like this?
    Honestly:
    I am having trouble getting past the fact that this is your 11th post and you have been on this board for a month and this post shows up??? You're looking for legal advice from this group? You may have more problems than you're letting on.

Mandelon
    Honestly:
    I am having trouble getting past the fact that this is your 11th post and you have been on this board for a month and this post shows up??? You're looking for legal advice from this group? You may have more problems than you're letting on.
    What are saying BW?
    Is this guy messed up? Before the accident he could spell, used proper syntax and perfect use of grammar. Look at him now, of course he's got problems............( Just Kidding )
    Sounds like a lawyer is the right call for sure! They'll help get the amounts figured out.

Big Warlock
    What are saying BW?
    Is this guy messed up? Before the accident he could spell, used proper syntax and perfect use of grammar. Look at him now, of course he's got problems............( Just Kidding )
    Sounds like a lawyer is the right call for sure! They'll help get the amounts figured out.
    I'm saying this is a tough crowd and not exactly the place to go for legal advice! Maybe an attorney is a better route to take.
    Even being on here a month one should have that figured out.

MADDOG355
    Glad you're ok but this is the exact reason I sold my Harley.
    2 kinds of bikers, Those that have been down and those that are going down!
    I sold mine due to back problems. But the more I think about all my close calls, That most likely saved my life.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast