Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jacuzzi 12wj w. Chevy 350 question.

justaddfuel
    Hi, hope everyones summer is going well. We haven't had much hot weather up here.
    My boat is a 16' flatbottom. My pump is a Jacuzzi 12wj 'A' impeller. It has a loader grate. My motor is the GM Performance 350/290. Headers are O/T, dry. Top rpm is 4000. Top speed is 47MPH on gps. Motors still fresh, pump's nice and quiet. I have a Custom Speed Marine diverter.
    My questions are; 1. Is there anything I can do to get more thrust? The motor still has another 1000 RPM to offer. I like the jump out of the hole it has, and the low rpm cruise (32mph @2600). I may add nitrous later, so am hesitant to cut the impeller. I am curious about opening up the nozzle on the pump. It's stock. I learned of that mod on this site, but not many run the small block.
    2. This thing is LOUD. It's an o/t system, stainless, with stainless mufflers. Could I safely inject water into the muffler, for noise restraint? The mufflers are about 16" back from the centerline of the shorty headers.
    Thanks for reading. Paul.

bakerjet
    i'd like to see a pic of this. water will quiet it down but what kind of muffler are you talking about and is there fittings for water injection? you might get a little more rpm without the loader grate but that depends on the style of grate

Riverat84
    yeah man, there are an assload of guys on here that could help you, but pics would be the best bet so that we could see EXACTLY what you're working with...BTW...where are u located? nowhere hott eh?
    welcome to ***boat...
    Reid

455Rocket
    Sounds like a case of car motor blues...

justaddfuel
    Hope these show up. The fittings for the muffler shouldn't be a problem to install.

justaddfuel
    Oh...sorry Riverat. I'm from Ontario, Canada. Boating gives something to do between snowmobile seasons.

malcolm
    We should switch impellers. Mine has a B. You really need a big block to run an A.

kraig
    I have a 71 Taylor SK 16ft, sbc around 300-325 hp, O/T wet headers, WJ with a place diverter, and the SAME loader as yours. 49.7 gps, don't know the rpm but does sound like it could get a little more.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oohf-NhuGek

pw_Tony
    We should switch impellers. Mine has a B. You really need a big block to run an A.
    Doesn't a WJ impellar B cut more close to an A cut berkeley?

OLDMANSOLDSBOAT
    My dad's boat came with a wj-b and 455 olds. I believe it was rated at 390 hp. When it was new it would run 5000 to 5500 rpm. I would think droping down to a B would give you the revs your looking for and still leave room for the juice later on.:idea:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast