Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is now a good time to talk about Offshore Boats on the Parker Strip?

Wake Havasu
    Is now a good time to talk about Offshore boats on the Parker Strip?
    It's been a few months since the most recent bad accident and a few months before the next one.
    What do you guys think about offshore boats on an irrigation ditch thats at most one hundred yards wide?
    regards,
    The Spoon.

Jbb
    My opinion...................RD SUX!

Jordy
    I've seen some jackasses in rollbar boats putting out more of a wake in that "irrigation ditch" than people in offshore boats who know how to drive... :idea:
    Oh, and I must concur with The Jbb: RD SUX!!!

Havasu1986
    That boat that crashed was hardly an "offshore" boat. Before that, it had been years since we had a serious accident in Parker. Years.
    And, most of Parker is way more than 100 yards wide. We were talking about how wide it was at little sandbar this weekend. It's an easy 2 iron across to Sundance.
    Thats old school...It would be a hybrid club now.

TCHB
    Anytime you mix powered equipment and stupid people you will have trouble.
    It is not the boat it is the person driving.

riverbound
    Why would "offshore boats" be singled out???
    Size?
    speed?
    wake?
    In all reality I have more issues with PWCs than anyhting on the strip. EVERY weekend I go out I get cut off by at least 1 young kid jetting straight out to the other side without even looking who is coming his/her way. Then there are the oh so lovely ones that are putting along and then without even looking do a 360 right on front of me.
    If you are referencing the accident a couple months ago, Im pretty sure that it wa a mechanical failure that cased the accident, not type or size fo the boat. I know of quite a few boats in the strip that if something failed at speed, things would go bad most likely really bad, and the boats Im thinking of are no longer than 22'

LuckyStrike
    My Boats Been Up and Down ...Where Were YOU:idea: ...Like Jordy Says, Depends On the A-Hole

Boatcop
    Why would "offshore boats" be singled out???
    Size?
    speed?
    wake?
    In all reality I have more issues with PWCs than anyhting on the strip. EVERY weekend I go out I get cut off by at least 1 young kid jetting straight out to the other side without even looking who is coming his/her way. Then there are the oh so lovely ones that are putting along and then without even looking do a 360 right on front of me.
    If you are referencing the accident a couple months ago, Im pretty sure that it wa a mechanical failure that cased the accident, not type or size fo the boat. I know of quite a few boats in the strip that if something failed at speed, things would go bad most likely really bad, and the boats Im thinking of are no longer than 22'
    No mechanical failure involved.

MBlaster
    Im more scared of the stereo broadcasting wakeboard boats with 12 people on them, and what looks like a 16 year old driving.

RiverToysJas
    Why are the "offshore boats" wrecking your giant wake boarding wake?
    RTJas

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast