Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama Foreign Policy

Old Texan
    Mr. Obama has stated he would meet without precondition, with the leaders of Vnezuala, Iran, N. Korea, Cuba and Syria. Hillary calls it naive, others call it foolish.
    By legitimizing dictators and tyrants Obama would be giving them credibility and perhaps alienate our allies is the thought process.
    This guy has basically come out of nowhere and shown he isn't the typical politician but many of his efforts seem very broad and not at all thought out from the standpoint of the presidential position. Inexperience in true leadership isn't much of a qualification for the head office. Hillary doesn't possess much experience either but she is the ultimate politician and can eat Obama up on many points.
    Obama truly is scary from the standpoint he wants to bring all the people together in one big happy group ranging from La Raza to tyranical leaders, seemingly without any realistic far reaching plan. It will be interesting to see how the Democratic mainstream supports him and the country if he would be nominated.

eliminatedsprinter
    Obama did make that comment in that silly debate. However, his previous comments on such things are pretty much typical of all the rest of the political left's and I doubt he would be any different than any of the others on the democratic side. If you look at his record you can see, that he has pretty much been straight party line on everything and only some of his rhetoric is different from the rest of the field.

Old Texan
    Obama did make that comment in that silly debate. However, his previous comments on such things are pretty much typical of all the rest of the political left's and I doubt he would be any different than any of the others on the democratic side. If you look at his record you can see, that he has pretty much been straight party line on everything and only some of his rhetoric is different from the rest of the field.
    I'm always scared of the "Golden Boy" that seems beyond reproach. This guy has made personal admissions that would have had other candidates tangled in scandal. He's got some pretty powerful backing from somewhere it seems.
    I don't think the Clinton machine is taking him lightly as his people have been repelling some "heavy fire".

eliminatedsprinter
    I'm always scared of the "Golden Boy" that seems beyond reproach. This guy has made personal admissions that would have had other candidates tangled in scandal. He's got some pretty powerful backing from somewhere it seems.
    I don't think the Clinton machine is taking him lightly as his people have been repelling some "heavy fire".
    It's all about emotion with his base. He is a great speaker (most of the time) and he has a great deal of emotional appeal. The base of the party that he is appealing to is very emotionally driven. Thus he is the "Golden Boy". To be honest, I have to admit that, even though I utterly disagree with 99.99% of his politics, I do enjoy his speeches and he often says many things, re social conditions, that I like. Unfortunatly, on matters of policy, he is just another authoritarian leftist, who would restrict our freedoms and drain our pocketbooks just as fast as the rest of the Left would.

Steve 1
    Hussein is an Empty suit Period; I cannot see why anyone with half a brain who would trust him with this Country.
    He has what? 2 years experience as a Senator and being a Muslim for 27 years has serious issues that need explained.

eliminatedsprinter
    Hussein is an Empty suit Period; I cannot see why anyone with half a brain who would trust him with this Country.
    He has what? 2 years experience as a Senator and being a Muslim for 27 years has serious issues that need explained.
    I don't like his politics, but I wont bite on the Muslim smear. It can't be substaniated (in fact, it's highly unlikely) thus it weakens the credibility of those who attempt to use it against him.

ULTRA26 # 1
    I don't like his politics, but I wont bite on the Muslim smear. It can't be substaniated (in fact, it's highly unlikely) thus it weakens the credibility of those who attempt to use it against him.
    ES,
    Well put

Steve 1
    Try this then!!
    http://www.freedomsenemies.com/_more/obama.htm

Steve 1
    Then think about this, since I am dealing with people knowledgeable of Islam and the guy was a praticing Muslim for 27 years..
    "Al-taqiyya and dissimulation are words used for a practice of Muslims blatantly lying to non-Muslims to further the cause"
    Me not a word he says!!!!!!!

SmokinLowriderSS
    We aggree on his lack of any kind of remotely "presidential" experience, but he claims to be Christian, and claims no affiliation to Islam.
    Just because a parrent of his was, I will not throw the feathers on your tar Steve.
    If you are unwilling to allow him to be whoever he is, in favor of a religious dogma that he does not claim to accept, your credibility suffers for that, not his.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast