Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Turbo on F-350

Fountainduo
    Just had the truck in for a 299 code turbo perf. problem. They had to replace the whole thing. :idea: They say that i didnt drive it enough. 05 8500miles. i understand that you have to get them out there and clean them out but a turbo going bad after that short time?????? anyways good thing it was on ford to replace it

riverroyal
    didnt drive it enough!!My 05 had 33000 miles in just over 1 year,it had 2 turbos replaced.So maybe I drive too much

Fountainduo
    That was what they told me..... makes ya think. I thinkin of seelin it and getting a GMC.

vee-driven
    Fukn ford with their B.S. excuses hurry up and go out of buisness already and stop slangin your junk on us.

Baja Big Dog
    Fukn ford with their B.S. excuses hurry up and go out of buisness already and stop slangin your junk on us.
    Unreal!!!!

cc322
    Not any time soon, (unreal statement). I am a Ford guy but would never wish any of the Big three to fail and go out of business.
    FORD REPORTS A NET PROFIT OF $750 MILLION FOR Q2 2007
    Revenue of $44 billion, 6 percent above second quarter 2006.
    Net income of $750 million, or 31 cents per share, for the second quarter of 2007.
    Profit of $258 million, or 13 cents per share, from continuing operations excluding special items.**
    Significant year-over-year improvement for all Automotive operations.
    Ford Motor Credit pre-tax profit of $112 million.
    Cost reductions of $600 million; $1.1 billion through the first half of 2007.
    Automotive gross cash at June 30, 2007 of $37.4 billion (including cash and cash equivalents, net marketable securities, loaned securities and short-term Voluntary Employee Benefits Association (VEBA) assets).***

Chipster27
    Mine was done too, '05. I also know two others that had theirs done. One was an '04 and one an '05.
    There is a valve that goes bad and down the line causes the turbo to fail. I was told the same thing about not diriving it enough...Mine is an '05 with 25k miles, the other 05 is similar in milage :jawdrop:
    I think Garrett or whom ever makes the valve and turbos is/was the cause of the problem. The guy at Ford told me to drive it with a load once in a while. Jeez that's all I use the truck for, to pull my 10,000 pound toy hauler and haul my boat around Havi :idea:

BoatPI
    So I read this thread and !!! Ford just replaced the turbo on my 06' F-250. One month ago it had 7K miles, then back to Ohio and now 12K and the check engine light came on. They said it was corision on the turbo vanes. The truck drove perfectly.
    Aparently a TSB was issued advision all to start the engine every 14 days to avoid this. I live at the beach and sometimes I did not start it fro a month.

Surmike
    My 05' went out at about 40k last month and the dealer claimed I pull to much weight?? At the time all I had was a bobcat tractor behind it! Dropped of the tractor, truck still seemed fine parked it for an hour or so and went to start it and leave and zip zilch nothing no power at all. Tech said there were no fins left on the turbo when he opened it! Ford had a nice warranty bill on that one.

Jims
    Im 16 and i am going to but a ford F-350 1999-2003 what would be a good price to pay.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...416QQihZ018QQi temZ280152458450QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
    o and how do you get an avatar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast