Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Duramax!!

EmpirE231
    where do you guys get your fuel filters?
    just looked up autozone, and if I did it right... it says $45.95... seems steap!!
    are they a pretty quick jod to do yourself? tonight will be my first time. and what about the tranny spin on filter... where from and how much? and it is easily reached? never really been under the truck yet

bear down
    Call center Chevrolet in San Bernardino . I bought two of them at $29 plus tax each. Not sure if they ship or not. Where are you from? really easy to do. if you like I can walk you through the process via phone or PM.

EmpirE231
    I've read the DIY post over on deiselplace.com ... seems pretty easy as long as 2005's are the same as the 03's and so on... I'm sure the pictures posted of the change were on an 03?
    I'm in riverside... would like to pick one up on my way home?

Lightning
    I used to buy mine by the 12 pack. There are a few places online that are good. You may want to check dieselplace.com for some suggestions and supporting vendors. And, yes, $45 for a fuel filter is too much IMO. Also, try to find Baldwin brand filters, they are really good. I used to buy mine from the trucker supply store "Fleetpride" for a pretty good price.

Chubby4Life
    where do you guys get your fuel filters?
    just looked up autozone, and if I did it right... it says $45.95... seems steap!!
    are they a pretty quick jod to do yourself? tonight will be my first time. and what about the tranny spin on filter... where from and how much? and it is easily reached? never really been under the truck yet
    45 bucks......Please! Try spending near a hundy for an air filter for a Super-Duty. Seriously, that's prolly ballpark. I can't remember what I spent for the ford but it was in that neighborhood for 1 or the set of 2.

Chubby4Life
    Nevermind, I just looked up the fuel filters for the Super-Duty's -79.99

GHT
    Have them change it at the Dealer.. Can't say it is cheap either..
    Although I don't pay the bill..

Cheyenne372
    And after you change the filter yourself......
    How the Hell do you get the "CHANGE FUEL FILTER" message to go off of the display?

Jordy
    I run Wix on mine, if not Wix, Napa, which is the same as Wix with a different paint job.
    As far as the spin on filter, wait about 25k and take it to the Allison dealer. Have the tranny flushed and refilled with Transynd which is the Allison synthetic and don't worry about the fluid for another 100K. 50K for the filter. One thing to remember with the filter is not to throw the magnet out that sits between the filter and the case. It will stick to the steel in the filter and not the aluminum of the tranny case, so you have to make a concious effort not to throw it out.

dicudmore
    And after you change the filter yourself......
    How the Hell do you get the "CHANGE FUEL FILTER" message to go off of the display?
    RTFOM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast