Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone do concrete saw cutting?

Approximately 50 foot long cut along side a fence (sidewalk).
    How close to fence can a cut be made without the machine hitting the fence? Would prefer about 6" away from fence. Sidewalk runs to fence. Need to cut the side of a sidewalk off to install a pipe.
    Not something that's urgent, just gathering info for when the weather cools off a bit.

rrrr
    Six inches is doable with an 18" Target walk-behind saw, Rexie. Uh, unless you used your personal measuring tape. That's four inches.

Faceaz
    I just did the same thing this weekend. We cut a 3" wide 20' long trench for a gasline installation to a firepit. I rented a saw from Home Depot for about $150.00. Cutting the concrete didn't take more than an hour.

Mardonzi
    RRRR is right. Most walk behind saws will get you within about 3". The only bad thing about his idea is using a Target saw.. (Brand loyalty issues... Bro in law owns Terra Diamond)...
    Another option, if you have a steady hand, is to rent a gas fired "demo" saw with a diamond blade.

shrek
    Approximately 50 foot long cut along side a fence (sidewalk).
    How close to fence can a cut be made without the machine hitting the fence? Would prefer about 6" away from fence. Sidewalk runs to fence. Need to cut the side of a sidewalk off to install a pipe.
    Not something that's urgent, just gathering info for when the weather cools off a bit.
    6" is no problem...........We have several saws that have that capability.
    Do you know how thick the concrete is?
    Shrek
    Branch Manager
    United Rentals

THOR
    Shrek,
    you work for United?
    My old roomy runs a branch in Vegas. You know Kenny Moody?

YeLLowBoaT
    That should be np... Its not really that hard to do.
    FWI spend the $7 and rent the small trailer, it will save your back getting the saw out of the truck( they are a heavy SOBs)
    Hell if you want to pay for shiping back and forth I'll let you use my dimond saw blade.

shrek
    Shrek,
    you work for United?
    My old roomy runs a branch in Vegas. You know Kenny Moody?
    Yes, I am the Branch Manager of our beautiful Gardena, CA location.
    I have met Kenny Moody at corporate events..........but do not "know him". But I hear that he is a real good guy.
    Shrek

MRS FLYIN VEE
    you can do it yourself with a skill saw and a concrete diamond blade with a steady stream of water on the blade. That's how we do it anyway. shhhhh:jawdrop:

rrrr
    you can do it yourself with a skill saw and a concrete diamond blade with a steady stream of water on the blade. That's how we do it anyway. shhhhh:jawdrop:
    Cutting fifty feet of concrete with a circular saw would be a great character building exercise. Go for it, Rex.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast