Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for the secret to getting that prop shiny :)

DILLIGAF
    I have tried a few things but it never comes out all shiny again. I have heard some use acid/water and just wipe off the buildup and so forth but don't know what type acid or the proper mixture, etc. I would probably use the same stuff on the IMCO RAMS.
    Any help/suggestions here would be appreciated.
    Thanks

shippingguy
    I know hte Hot Sauce will get the rams looking real good.

hottrodder
    My prop look all shiny when I run it over a sandbar....

DILLIGAF
    I know hte Hot Sauce will get the rams looking real good.
    I use a lot of that but when the boat is in the water for 3-4 days a build up occurs. The sauce will not get it off.....

Havasu_Dreamin
    I have tried a few things but it never comes out all shiny again. I have heard some use acid/water and just wipe off the buildup and so forth but don't know what type acid or the proper mixture, etc. I would probably use the same stuff on the IMCO RAMS.
    Any help/suggestions here would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    We usually just take the prop to get reworked once per year and at the same time get it all shined up.....We've used The Propeller Comapny in Lake Havasu (http://www.thepropellercompany.com/)in the past.....
    I know the Hot Sauce will get the rams looking real good.
    This is true, the Hot Sauce keeps our IMCO steering rams nice and shiny
    LMAO Poormans polish.....but it can also be an expensive polish.....

shippingguy
    I use a lot of that but when the boat is in the water for 3-4 days a build up occurs. The sauce will not get it off.....
    Yeah I know I had mine in for 4 dyas during the regatta and got some build up on the rams and the Hot Sauce made them look new. Maybe try some Lime Away and one of those netted sponges that are used to get bugs off the front of cars. Good Luck.
    Mike

rrrr
    I use CLR. It also removes the deposits left on the top of the outdrive by evaporating water.

C-2
    Vinegar is acetic acid - vinegar and lotsa elbow grease. If you use it everytime, it only adds a few minutes to your cleanup routine. Lime Away also works well.
    One time I used Zap - it dissolved the grime without any effort, the stuff worked awesome. However, I set the bottle down on my fender well, and several minutes later, the paint was gone down to the metal. Seemed to be ok on fiberglass and gel, just not on painted surfaces. Made short work out of a neglected prop.

jbtrailerjim
    I use Lime Away on mine. It makes it nice and shiny again.

Moe_Havi
    __
    About 15 years ago I ran my eliminator on a sand bar at the Needles bridge and when I pulled the boat out, the brass prop looked like it was made of solid gold. It looked really cool. Funny thing was the brass rudder which is about a foot long, the bottom half looked the same and the upper half still looked dull brown. Stayed shiny for quite awhile. I don't recommend it as a regular polishing method.
    Moe

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast