Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gonna try the 460 one more time

Statue
    Well guys I got my 460 rebuilt by Team C in Bellflower, Ca. My last engine ran for 3 hours (they did not build that one) and had terrible overheating problems. Who says that you can't overheat a lake..... Any way I bought a rebuilt pump, had the engine rebuilt and $1700.00 later she'll be back on the water. We are going to try it out at Perris in the morning. What temperature should I expect to be running at? I would think no more than 180ish? We'll see.

Well guys I got my 460 rebuilt by Team C in Bellflower, Ca. My last engine ran for 3 hours (they did not build that one) and had terrible overheating problems. Who says that you can't overheat a lake..... Any way I bought a rebuilt pump, had the engine rebuilt and $1700.00 later she'll be back on the water. We are going to try it out at Perris in the morning. What temperature should I expect to be running at? I would think no more than 180ish? We'll see.
    A lot of people have trouble getting even to 150 degrees, Keep an eye on things, it can get out of control quick. What are you using for water flow control to the engine? Gate valve? make sure its large enough, it can't get plugged by small gravel, and such, and it will still allow you to controll engine temp. Good luck Sleek

SmokinLowriderSS
    Yes, how is your cooling system configured? I idle about 170 but running anything higher, I am at 140 solid. Something was wrong there on your last setup, lets make sure you won't have it happen again.

Statue
    The boat ran great!!! What a relief. At Idle it runs about 160 and at throttle it is about 150. No problems at all. I was having my inboard/Jet doubts but I am stoked to say that it finally worked right. We spent all weekend rewiring and setting this thing up.

dmontzsta
    170 is hot as hell for a boat.

victorfb
    easy there don. 170 is actually good if you can get it there and not run over 200 at idle. 190 prefered.

SmokinLowriderSS
    170 is hot as hell for a boat.
    I guess she likes being hot as hell. 27 years, 0 trouble.

The boat ran great!!! What a relief. At Idle it runs about 160 and at throttle it is about 150. No problems at all. I was having my inboard/Jet doubts but I am stoked to say that it finally worked right. We spent all weekend rewiring and setting this thing up.
    Congrats on getting her running. I think you're gonna be happy with your BBF. I know I am.

dmontzsta
    easy there don. 170 is actually good if you can get it there and not run over 200 at idle. 190 prefered.
    hmmm...I have not seen them run that hot, do jets run hotter than V-Drives? My old 390 would run 145 degrees.

460 jus getn it
    my 460 ford runs at 150 at idle and 110 wot.......i havent seen many jets run over 160. if my jet was running at 200, there is something wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast