Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your taxes hard at work

HighRoller
    Well the roads suck here, and since they are cutting skool programs like crazy due to no money then I feel that money could be put to a much better use.
    What country are you reading about????????? Cutting skool programs like crazy? Where? Please give me one specific example. In many states we are spending more than 10,000 dollars per student to get failure where private schools spend less than 3,000 dollars and get excellence. Dude, you need to disconnect your mouth from the nutsack of the NEA agenda and wake up to reality.
    Wait a sec...Clown472...reality...BWAHHAHHAAA What was I thinking?? Our education system is screwed up because the Jooz are taking all the teachers' time, right Clone472?

Blown 472
    What country are you reading about????????? Cutting skool programs like crazy? Where? Please give me one specific example. In many states we are spending more than 10,000 dollars per student to get failure where private schools spend less than 3,000 dollars and get excellence. Dude, you need to disconnect your mouth from the nutsack of the NEA agenda and wake up to reality.
    Wait a sec...Clown472...reality...BWAHHAHHAAA What was I thinking?? Our education system is screwed up because the Jooz are taking all the teachers' time, right Clone472?
    Yup, did I spell everything ok there holy roller?

Blown 472
    No0, he hates the ZIONISTS enough as is.
    Still dodging the question I see, so I will take as I hit it right on the money.

never_fast_enuf
    The skools in the county I live in, and yes the roads suck, cracks pot holes and the like any thing else??
    Still no details...just blowing smoke out of your a$$ again. Here is a buck...go buy a clue.

centerhill condor
    JERUSALEM - An Israeli government offer of a new $20 monthly stipend for Holocaust survivors provoked outrage Tuesday, with survivors charging the meager allowance will do nothing to make up for years of neglect of the 240,000 Israelis who lived through Nazi horrors.
    Survivors have long claimed that European countries treat them far better than Israel, where many elderly survivors live in poverty. Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's announcement of the new allowance did nothing to change that impression. One survivor called the offer "absurd and insulting."
    Six million Jews were killed by the Nazis during World War II. Hundreds of thousands who survived concentration camps came to Israel after the war. Many suffered physical or psychological damage from the torture and deprivation they suffered at the hands of the Nazis.
    Six decades after the war ended, the remaining survivors are elderly, and many have been unable to provide for themselves in their final years, suffering chronic shortages of money for medical and psychological treatment and in some cases even food.
    Israel TV showed video of an 85-year-old survivor who said the only meat he could afford was chicken necks.
    Olmert presented his program as a solution.
    "We are correcting a 60-year-old blight," he said. "Holocaust survivors living in Israel are entitled to live respectably without reaching a situation in which it is beyond their means to enjoy a hot meal."
    Beginning next year, the amount allocated for 120,000 needy survivors, about half the total number still living in Israel, will be $28 million annually, according to Olmert's statement.
    But that works out to an average of just $20 a month for each survivor.
    "Of course the survivors cannot accept such an offer," said Dubby Arbel, chairman of the Foundation for the Benefit of Holocaust Survivors in Israel. Arbel said about 65,000 survivors are in acute need of assistance, but his foundation can provide for only half of them.
    Many survivors were outraged. "This doesn't solve anything," said survivor Avraham Roet, 79. "The government doesn't understand the significance of the Holocaust and what horrors the survivors went through. If they did, they wouldn't propose this absurd and insulting plan," he told The Associated Press.
    The new payment is in addition to government support already given to survivors, including those deemed physically or psychologically handicapped, and regular pension payments of about $487 a month.
    Survivors groups charged — in what was meant to be an especially painful dig at the Israeli government — that survivors are treated better in Germany.
    ================================================== ==========================================
    Treated better in Germany...indeed!

ULTRA26 # 1
    CC
    Elderly people deserve better, here and everywhere. I think that we all agree that there are many useless social programs. Care and food for the elderly isn't one of them.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Still dodging the question I see, so I will take as I hit it right on the money.
    Don 't even know what idiotic question you asked, so, your call dumazz.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Don 't even know what idiotic question you asked, so, your call dumazz.
    You two crack me up

SmokinLowriderSS
    He doesn't DARE tell me what county he lives in in Wiscaaaaaanson, because I'll look up the county and state budgets for the past decade and beat him senseless with them.

never_fast_enuf
    He doesn't DARE tell me what county he lives in in Wiscaaaaaanson, because I'll look up the county and state budgets for the past decade and beat him senseless with them.
    That is exactly what I was going to do. All you need to do is produce simple facts and the fluff bs rhetoric moves on to something else.
    Based on his posts, I don't think blown knows where he lives.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast