Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Channel Bridge ?

sdpm
    Are they still going to build a 2nd bridge over the channel? I had thought the new homes on the island were not going to begin until a 2nd bridge was put in. Anyone know anything and if so where is it going to be?

Havasu_Dreamin
    Supposed to be at the North end of the channel. The city is looking into various options, one of which is a tool to go over the vbridge and require that all trailered traffic use it leaving the London Bridge to non-trailered traffic. City Guy can probably shed additional light on the subject.....

sdpm
    Last week just outside the fence of Crazyhorse I saw a survey crew and some markers and it looked like they were taking down a section of fence. I wonder if this might have anything to do with it? Facing Crazyhorse it was just to the right.

Keith E. Sayre
    I've got $100 that says that it doesn't happen until all of the big time developers and home builders have come, built their homes, sold them
    and then left town, oh I forgot to include and put serious damage on
    the London Bridge with their super heavy trucks and equipment.
    Then we'll get to pay not only for the damage to the London Bridge but also for the new bridge. That's the way that it works here in Havasu. At least we got a seawall and a billion dollar
    sewer sytem to pay for! I remember the people in town begging for these items!

sdpm
    I've got $100 that says that it doesn't happen until all of the big time developers and home builders have come, built their homes, sold them
    and then left town, oh I forgot to include and put serious damage on
    the London Bridge with their super heavy trucks and equipment.
    Then we'll get to pay not only for the damage to the London Bridge but also for the new bridge. That's the way that it works here in Havasu.
    Keith Sayre
    Hi Keith, I hear ya on the Big developers with BIG deep pockets. Ya know something that I don't understand, is why hasn't one of those Big developers hooked up with the Indians on the Calif side and done something over there? There is some beautiful waterfront property just dieing to be built on. There must be something holding them back. I look over there and see nothing but BIG $$$$$$ !:jawdrop:

Havasu Carrera
    Hi Keith, I hear ya on the Big developers with BIG deep pockets. Ya know something that I don't understand, is why hasn't one of those Big developers hooked up with the Indians on the Calif side and done something over there? There is some beautiful waterfront property just dieing to be built on. There must be something holding them back. I look over there and see nothing but BIG $$$$$$ !:jawdrop:
    Try gambling or just parking in their slips over yonder and you will understand why no one of worth is buying/building/investing there.

sdpm
    I know Havasu Landing is a sh$t house, but look at the potential of it and the surrounding area. Who is the Chief of that tribe anyways. I think I will go have a little talk with him and bring my peace pipe and a little fire water.

sdpm
    Has that property always belonged to the Indians or was it given to them. If so does anyone know how long ago it was done? Just courious??:idea:

Ion
    Ya know something that I don't understand, is why hasn't one of those Big developers hooked up with the Indians on the Calif side and done something over there? ... There must be something holding them back. I look over there and see nothing but BIG $$$$$$ !:jawdrop:
    Here's what's holding them back...leased land. It snot for sale...tribe owns it.

Keith E. Sayre
    I think Ion is right, something about you can only lease it but never own it and the day comes that they have a change of heart, they can kick you off
    of their leased land anytime they want.
    Geting back to the bridge concept, I might add that I have no problem with
    a second bridge as long as those that cause it's "need" pay for it. My theory
    is simple. If we don't develop the island, we can get by with only one bridge.
    Therefore the people of Havasu shouldn't have to pay for a 2nd bridge. Make
    the developers and future occupiers of the island pay for the bridge that they
    will cause us to need.
    Keith Sayre

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast