Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone a home builder/general contractor that

Stoneman
    can answer a simple question for me. I am trying to have a house built in the refuge at Havasu.
    The problem is that some of the builders are telling me that they need to add about 100K to the price of the house compared to what it would cost if built in the city.
    Their main reason for the cost increase is for changing the roof line to meet refuge requirements and added concrete reenforcement. I went and looked at a freshly poured foundation and the concrete was about 8 inches thick and had 1/4 inch re bar ties into a grid at 16 inches.
    My guess is the roof line could cost maybe 5k more and 1.5k more for concrete work. Are my numbers incorrect, if so, what should it be.
    Also, since the homes are holding a price of about 100k over homes in town, I think that is the real reason for the price increase.
    Plus I have looked into all the rumors about the ground and found no factual evidence that the problem exist. I was told that some of the Nationwide homes had/have problems but that was the only builder to have them and it was limited to the first few homes they built. Nationwide is no longer building homes at the Refuge.

Mr. Crusader 83
    There are some houses that have started sinking out there. But the roof line is new to me

Stoneman
    There are some houses that have started sinking out there. But the roof line is new to me
    I have talked to quite a residences and home builders, only one said it was anything more than rumor. The one said it was only the nationwide homes.
    I would think the reinforced concrete would solve any foundation issues.

YeLLowBoaT
    There is more too it then that.
    If its out in the "bounies" you will pay for the contractors travel cost. ( matieral delivery also tends to sting)Also most areas that are near streams/parks/ refuges/ other tend to make you do envro impact studies. Some of those are ez and cheap. others are not. They also tend to have other code issues that are not normal.

Stoneman
    There is more too it then that.
    If its out in the "bounies" you will pay for the contractors travel cost. ( matieral delivery also tends to sting)Also most areas that are near streams/parks/ refuges/ other tend to make you do envro impact studies. Some of those are ez and cheap. others are not. They also tend to have other code issues that are not normal.
    this is a planned community located with in .5 mile of city of lake havasu. No EIS required to build. However there is a 1% fee that has to be payed to the refuge.

YeLLowBoaT
    Well then he is ether tring to skrew you or there is something else you don't know about. You could find out really fast with one trip to the county offices.

Havasu Carrera
    YOU"R crackin me up!!! Havasu Builders are DESPERATE!!!!!!!! Some are comon thieves!! After 30 years building homes in Havasu my builder is looking at JAIL time. Possibly PRISON!! He has 14 cases with the Registraur of contracotrs....... Come by my house in Havasu and see the work and the origional contract. Then see the amount I PAID and how much of the work was done CORRECT or by plan. The word is that contracts in AZ are ESTIMATES..... Not guarantees. Also they have the last call and can use THIER own descretion as to what they actually do vs. the plans.... I am sure not ALL of the contractors live this way but mine lost his lic. Paid a few fines. Claimed B.K. and now the IRS is on his a.... And guess who's going to take all thats left of his Worthless ... Anyone that wants to call bs PM me and I will give you the adress and the builders name when they wanna come over for FULL varification of ALL my facts. LAST but not least. PROTECT YOUR BUTT prior because it will be a 2 year fight to try to recover a small part of your losses. Now why is violence illegal? Good luck on your build in Havi.
    The ans to your question is YOUR GETTIN FU>>>> already. Get used to it.

tcook33
    It's nonsense. It might cost a little more to build, but not $100K more. They are doing it because they can. Good luck!

phebus
    I thought they were using tensioned slabs in the Refuge due to soil conditions. I was told that was what Nationwide was doing with their homes.

Stoneman
    I thought they were using tensioned slabs in the Refuge due to soil conditions. I was told that was what Nationwide was doing with their homes.
    I don't know what a tensioned slab is so can't answer that. I know the slabs are deeper at the corners and have re bar in them. Plus they have to use a pumper since they can't drive on the lots with the trucks.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast