Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marine Fuel Pump Question

socalmoney
    I am looking to replace mechanical fuel pump and I run a engine cover so I take it I need a Marine style. I can't find one on line. I called RexMar and they said Holly discontinued them and they weren't sure how to help me. I don't see anything on summit either. Where do I get this thing, does it have to be Marine style etc.
    Thanks.

BrendellaJet
    are you wanting electric pump? If so, try a search on here. If it can be avoided, avoid it. If they break on the water(as they often do) you are stranded. Thats a waste of a way to ruin an otherwise good day on the water. Buy a new mechanical if yours is old and run it another 10 years without worrying about it.

socalmoney
    Yes, I want to replace my mechanical with a mechanical. I agree that I am not interested in broken electric pumps. Not for my application. Family cursing.

DMOORE
    Yes, I want to replace my mechanical with a mechanical. I agree that I am not interested in broken electric pumps. Not for my application. Family cursing.
    Go to NAPA. I just replaced my mechanical pump for a PCM 351w, and they had the part numbers for it. Less expensive than the local boat stores also. It comes with the marine "tag" if you will and the proper vent system.
    Darrell.

BrendellaJet
    If you tried Rex and they dont have it, give CP a call.

socalmoney
    Damn, $102 for a stock replacement pump. Any other options out there. They are not listing the Holly 110 GPH pump for a Ford. Maybe you can't get it anymore????
    http://www.cpperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1069

ol guy
    Hey socalmoney, Need info on motor, might have idea on pump. Back in the day I was racing 429/460 fords Ol guy

airboater67
    Hey Socalmoney, I tried to find a mechanical for the 460 too. Found one for way too much. I went with a mallory electric marine pump, super quiet mounted it up front by my tank. Dont have the part # handy but i believe summit or jegs has them. manual pumps also fail, Ive had the same holley blue elctric on my airboat for twelve years and it has never failed me. And its pumping that dry aviation fuel which is notoriosly bad for electric pumps. Just carry an extra sqeeze ball for an outboard fuel line, You wont get home fast, but you will get there!!!

socalmoney
    Hey socalmoney, Need info on motor, might have idea on pump. Back in the day I was racing 429/460 fords Ol guy
    Ford 460. I see pumps available at Summit but I don't see anything for Marine use.

bakerjet
    clay smith...but if your not willing to spend a 100$, then i'm not sure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast