Thread: Bass Lake questions

ironman44bear
    Planning a trip to Bass Lake and I was wondering if any of you take your jets up there with OT headers. Just dont feel like being hassled by the man for being to loud.Is there a inforced speed limit?? Also I hear there is some kind of inspection that you have to go through, What do they inspect???? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Ironman

DUSTINU
    It has been a few years since I have been there, but they do a boat inspection. No speed limit as far as I know. No wake before 8 am I think until dusk.
    They look for horn/whistle, throw cushion, jackets, and a fire extinguisher I think... like I said it's been awhile. I remember jets being up there, if you have baffles you better bring them. Hope this helps, Bass lake is awsome.

rivercrazy
    I'm pretty sure they are inforcing noise laws up there.
    And there is a speed limit. I think its 35 or 40mph.

wedge44
    PM me for details.....been going to bass for about 35 yrs now....have alot of family with rental homes there and family that live there year round...no speed limit on off days 40 MPH when crowded or on holiday weekend ...Lake PoPo post a flag indicating speed limit, additionally cost to register your boat after inspection will be for about $65.00 dollars, this gives you a sticker that is clearly visible form the sheriff's tower...no sticker they WILL pull you over and direct you to inspection...at each launch ramp the signs read " Please proceed directly to Sheriff's tower after launching" this way there's no excuse.....Lake is great but small....wedge

Old Hawaiian Cruiser
    Check out this link :
    http://basslakeca.com/index.php
    It has all the info you are looking for.
    OHC