Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blown alky noses over at 6400 rpm

flattie
    had it out today leaned it out 2 times it seamed to get better. Then ran it up to 6400 rpm and it sounds like a big wooshing noise like its either getting a ton of fuel or its super lean HUGE FLAT SPOT that you can not drive thru.
    Anyone ever experience this and what way do I need to go? High speed lean out ????? Nobody in my area plays with this stuff, Need some advice. I would really like to show some people that this thing hauls the mail

lilrick
    are the fuel lines sized correctly? Is the fuel tank vented properly? Just some ideas that popped in my head. Is there a fuel filter in the line, and is it suitable for the application???

flattie
    Yes it has all the proper line sizes. Also a vented cap. Wondering it my tank is getting fuel slosh?? Doubtful Boat noses over so hard it will quit running

superdave013
    Kinsler is right in your area aren't they? I know the god's don't need to have their stuff flowed and set up. But it was money well spent for this rookie at the time.

superdave013
    Yes it has all the proper line sizes. Also a vented cap. Wondering it my tank is getting fuel slosh?? Doubtful Boat noses over so hard it will quit running
    uh, how big is the vent on the cap? That was my first mistake. Vent was to small and about collapsed my t tank. lol

flattie
    Its a imco tank with one of those huge tall breathers on it. Everything is new from Enderle and has been flowed. The tank is used I will go out and take the breather apart to make sure everything looks ok. Im wondering if the bird is too big for my deal. Or the msd 6al isnt enough fire. I have a vertex mag I can try. Just need to install some 90 deg boots on the wires 1st

When my 6AL failed last year the boat would pull to 4k rpm then blubber all over itself. That & the oil contamination made it pretty obvious I had lost spark.
    According to MSD you need to make sure your trigger wires (Green & Violet) are isolated from an interference.
    I found it simpler to drop in the Hunt Magneto. It may not fire & idle as easy but will be pretty darn reliable.

Fiat48
    Take off the msd and put the vertex in. Put the timing at 34 degrees. If you have a high speed bypass...make sure it is installed correctly.
    Actually there are other things you should do but go do that and note any difference in the problem.

amatoracing
    try putting the vertex on sounds like not enugh spark.

Moneypitt
    Take off the msd and put the vertex in. Put the timing at 34 degrees. If you have a high speed bypass...make sure it is installed correctly.
    Actually there are other things you should do but go do that and note any difference in the problem.
    Also check the high speed pressure shim. Add a little, take a little out, and note the results. Usually,(if you can say that), laying down on the top is too low a spring pressure allowing too much fuel to by pass. If you get popping on top it is usually too much fuel, more than you can burn. In reality, the coil/transformer type ignition will fire more fuel than a standard mag, (again, usually).....These systems can be tricky, and there is alot to deal with throughout the RPM curve. Add the blower and the "sweet spot" can be more elusive.......Do you have a flow sheet? What pressure does the high speed relieve? A simple test set up isn't hard to make with compressed air and a gauge. The by pass pressure should be checked free flowing, like setting oxy/ac pressures..........MP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast