Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bandsaw Blades?

Racey
    Where are you guys buying bandsaw blades, and what are the best blades on the market right now? We've been using what we had left in Sandvik blades but are running out and can't find anywhere to buy them online:idea:

I get mine at a place in Santa Ana, Ca. The place is called industrial saw blade or something like that..They are the best blades Ive ever used and they make them custom for whatever your material you are cutting and any length you need.. The sears "metal" blades lasted me about a week, these others go for about 2 months if I dont break em first.
    If you give them a call Im sure they will ship a few to you.

superdave013
    I get the cheep O's at KBC tools. Just changed one and the old one was at least 2 years old.
    Funny at my old shop we would replace them all the time because they would break. I would ask, hey are you pushing down on the saw?? Oh no, not me. yeah right.
    So I hire a temp guy the other day and the first thing I said was "don't lean on the bandsaw". Yup, I replaced the blade that day. lol

Sherpa
    I've had good luck with the Starrett Matrix II blades, and I've been getting
    them thru rutland, who is buying them directly from starrett..
    not cheap for a 108" blade around 66 bucks a pop.... I don't let freinds run
    my saw just for the same reason that SuperDave said.......
    --Sherpa

Racey
    I'm just looking to buy a spool of blade, we weld our own, i'm sure i can get that from either of these places mentioned, thanks for the info!
    is this the place?
    INDUSTRIAL BLADE
    2230 RITCHEY STREET
    SANTA ANA, CA 92705

I'm just looking to buy a spool of blade, we weld our own, i'm sure i can get that from either of these places mentioned, thanks for the info!
    is this the place?
    INDUSTRIAL BLADE
    2230 RITCHEY STREET
    SANTA ANA, CA 92705
    Thats it, they will send you a length, give them a call.
    I couldnt agree more on letting people use your machines, I open my shop up to alot of people, it can be frustrating to say the least.

bonesfab
    Iget mine through McMaster carr. always have them in stock.. And yes blades don't last very long with some people using them. Oh you mean the blade is suppose to have teeth on it???

sdpm
    I've had good luck with the Starrett Matrix II blades, and I've been getting
    them thru rutland, who is buying them directly from starrett..
    not cheap for a 108" blade around 66 bucks a pop.... I don't let freinds run
    my saw just for the same reason that SuperDave said.......
    --Sherpa
    These are the same ones I have been using and I get them from a company called MSC. I have a 14" Delta and they have held up great as long as nothing else but aluminum touches the blade. I also use parafane wax on the blades. Works awsome.

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
    Saw service of America, Pico Rivera 800-806-1801
    Amada cutting Technologies, La Mirada

bottom feeder
    The top Mfg have been mentioned. You can buy the rolls of bladestock from any of the discouts places MSC, KBC, Travilers. For the people having trouble with blade life. The rule of thumb is three teeth in the material. Several companys are making blades that have several pitches ground in them to cover a broader range of work piece thickness. I have found they work ok on horizontal saws, But surge on the verticals. You can request a blade speed calculator from Starrett and Sandvik. It is simple slide chart. Try using Bees wax on the Vertical saws and abrasive discs when working with aluminum. Works great and smells better than the blade greases.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast