Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mojave Bridge demolition will close I-15

HocusPocus
    thought some of you may want to know this.
    VICTORVILLE — Interstate 15 at Mojave Drive will be closed on both the north and southbound sides from 8 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Aug. 12-16 for bridge demolition, Caltrans announced Wednesday.
    There will also be lane shifts on Mojave Drive next week for restriping.
    Tuesday, there will be stop signs placed at the on and off ramps for the I-15 on Mojave Drive. The stop signs are temporary until permanent traffic signals are in place.
    Intermittent lane and ramp closures will continue throughout the project on Mojave Drive and the I-15.
    Daytime work will take place from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday, with nighttime work taking place from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday-Friday.
    “We’re (Caltrans) moving forward with the project and working closely with the city of Victorville to finish the improvements on time,” said Terri Kasinga, Caltrans spokeswoman.
    The extensive road and freeway project on Mojave Drive and the Interstate 15 began in June and is projected to be finished by June 2009.
    The changes will improve the existing interchange by destroying the old bridge and adding a new bridge with four lanes, two going in each direction.
    There will be reconfiguration to the on and off ramps, as well as new signals put on the ramps to aid traffic on the intersecting ramp.
    The total cost for the project is estimated at $8 million, with most of the money coming from Victorville.
    During closures overnight there will be detours in place for getting on and off the freeway, and going through that section of Mojave Drive.
    Motorists are encouraged to set aside extra driving time.
    For more information and updates, go to www.caltrans8.info or call (866) 383-4631.

RitcheyRch
    Traffic going to SUCK

driverno8
    I live up there. That's not the F'N bridge we need fixed! No one is ever on Mojave. It's Bear Valley we need fixed. Or how about adding another one over Nesquali to connect it to Luna. Unreal. Good 'ol government money being wasted.

UltraStealth
    For everyone in LA county you can take the 14 to the 58 into barstow. That will avoid the construction and traffic.

Mrs.Racer277
    For everyone in LA county you can take the 14 to the 58 into barstow. That will avoid the construction and traffic.
    Glad I won't be going out that weekend......Just what the 58 needs MORE traffic

Jyruiz
    Wish they would have waited one more week, oh well, time to write and angry letter.

yopengo
    8 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Aug. 12-16
    So as long as you are past there before 8pm you will be fine.

Throttle
    I drove through there last night... it was ablout 930pm...
    cal trans had the 3 left lanes closed at the summit and down into victorville...
    arggggg

pixilatedpussy
    thought some of you may want to know this.
    Guess we areleaving earlier than we thought! Thanks for the info hun!

pixilatedpussy
    Glad I won't be going out that weekend......Just what the 58 needs MORE traffic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast