Thread: Bassett T valve?...spring? anybody??

UltraJet
    Help Sacramento peeps:jawdrop: Broke my spring, AGAIN, and in need of one pronto. Anybody in the Sacramento area have one they would sell me asap(ie. before tomorrow morning) Have family coming into town in the morning and need one right away. Rex is sending new valve and extra springs monday. Can't find any marine shop in this area that carries 'em.

Devilman
    How much of the spring broke off? I've seen mentioned here people using a washer or two in the T-valve as spacers. May be possible to stack a couple of washers in there till the new springs arrive? :idea:

Cas
    if you want to drive to Sonoma, I have a whole valve you can use. Oh wait!
    I've got a friend in Sac that isn't using his. Email me your phone number and I'll get it to him tonight s.cas2006@sbcglobal.net

Moose
    I have one you can use untill you get the new one. I'm near Elk Grove.
    Call me.
    Moose 916 688-5995

UltraJet
    How much of the spring broke off? I've seen mentioned here people using a washer or two in the T-valve as spacers. May be possible to stack a couple of washers in there till the new springs arrive? :idea:
    Just put a washer along with the spring in the T-valve and it seems like this might do it:idea: I am actually curious to see how this will work? I'm just planning on cruising around for an hour or two. Anybody out there that says this is nonsense??? Looks pretty good.

GM Killer
    Why run the T-valve. I run a gate valve off of the pump which controls the motor temp and amount of water entering. Then I have another valve at my seat that controls the water to the pipes. Allows total control of motor temp, and flow to the pipes

BAE_557
    I have a complete spare T valve assembly, I live in Oakdale, about 65 miles south of Sacramento, let me know if you need it.

UltraJet
    if you want to drive to Sonoma, I have a whole valve you can use. Oh wait!
    I've got a friend in Sac that isn't using his. Email me your phone number and I'll get it to him tonight s.cas2006@sbcglobal.net
    Many thanks Cas! Spring located and retrieved! Amazing! Withing 12 hours of this post I have a new spring and confidence restored for the day.
    Thanks to all fellow jetters in the Sacto area that responded! It is amazing how much fellow boaters are willing to help each other out.

Cas
    Many thanks Cas! Spring located and retrieved! Amazing! Withing 12 hours of this post I have a new spring and confidence restored for the day.
    you're welcome! now get that boat wet more often so the spring doesn't freeze due to lack of use