Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Highrollers club

ULTRA26 # 1
    John Edwards has been running on similar non substance for the last 4 years. His claims the South has lost numerous Textile industry jobs doesn't address the fact of the great number of Auto Manufacturing jobs and jobs in the High Tech industry that are filling those positions in the South. Alabama alone has added thousands of good paying jobs superior to "offshore lost" textile jobs in the last decade.
    The US isn't hurting for quality employment, it is just shifting to different regions for various reasons.
    Oil industry driven manufacturing and fabrication work is readily available and workers are needed all along the Gulf Coast. The Galveston, TX to Bolivar Ferry hasn't been able to add a much needed additional Ferry this year due to the fact the Offshore Oil Industry is taking all professional able bodied seaman. Power Plant maintenance companies can't find enough qualified welders due to the marine fab industry upping wages.
    It's real and it's happening. These aren't civil service jobs and such that the Dems always claim they are "bolstering" the economy with either, you know the jobs the tax payers fund......:devil:
    Tex,
    My point was that we have lost a huge number of quality jobs to other Countries. I am aware that the job market down your way is booming, as is still kind of the case with construction/building jobs in CA NV and AZ.
    Some want to make it sound like there are more jobs, Country wide, than there are workers which simply isn't the case.

HighRoller
    So.....we're complaining about "outsourcing"?? First of all, any job that is taken by a wetback from an American has basically been outsourced. In case nobody noticed, Congress tried not once, but twice, to ram wetback amnesty down our throats. Luckily they failed.
    Secondly, the same idiots that cry about outsourcing are the very people who want to cram higher taxes down the throats of companies. No wonder companies go elsewhere. They get welcomed with open arms and gratitude for their contribution to the economy, not feel like they have a friggin' target on their backs!! Our corporations should pay little or no taxes because they power our economy. Even though only 12% or so of Americans are employed by "large" corporations, these corporations produce 70% of the GDP. THAT is productivity!!!
    As for Clown Cut-N-Paste Hitler 472, he should move to Palestine. America is obviously dead, infested by Jews and corporations who want to steal his job and send his money to Israel. Bush is obviously a closet Kike as well. And the stock market doubling, record low unemployment and high home ownership? All a dirty trick to benefit the Joos, who own 99 out of 100 businesses in America and will fire you if you don't wear the star of David and check a box on your W-9 to send money to Israel so they can bomb innocent Palestinian children without provocation.
    I was happy to see Paul Craig Roberts is working on a new article about the B72 fighter bomber helicopter. It is four feet long and carries 50,000 Israeli troops, three nukes and has a secret compartment for Karl Rove to ride in. "Free thinker"? Yup. Blown's brain has sprung "free" of his cerebellem.

ULTRA26 # 1
    So.....we're complaining about "outsourcing"?? First of all, any job that is taken by a wetback from an American has basically been outsourced. In case nobody noticed, Congress tried not once, but twice, to ram wetback amnesty down our throats. Luckily they failed.
    Secondly, the same idiots that cry about outsourcing are the very people who want to cram higher taxes down the throats of companies. No wonder companies go elsewhere. They get welcomed with open arms and gratitude for their contribution to the economy, not feel like they have a friggin' target on their backs!! Our corporations should pay little or no taxes because they power our economy. Even though only 12% or so of Americans are employed by "large" corporations, these corporations produce 70% of the GDP. THAT is productivity!!!
    As for Clown Cut-N-Paste Hitler 472, he should move to Palestine. America is obviously dead, infested by Jews and corporations who want to steal his job and send his money to Israel. Bush is obviously a closet Kike as well. And the stock market doubling, record low unemployment and high home ownership? All a dirty trick to benefit the Joos, who own 99 out of 100 businesses in America and will fire you if you don't wear the star of David and check a box on your W-9 to send money to Israel so they can bomb innocent Palestinian children without provocation.
    I was happy to see Paul Craig Roberts is working on a new article about the B72 fighter bomber helicopter. It is four feet long and carries 50,000 Israeli troops, three nukes and has a secret compartment for Karl Rove to ride in. "Free thinker"? Yup. Blown's brain has sprung "free" of his cerebellem.
    HR,
    As I recall it was Congress and our Republican President. I agree that any job taken by an illegal is equal to being outsourced.
    I thought W cut taxes yet outsourcing to other Countries is alive and thriving.
    "Our corporations should pay little or no taxes because they power our economy". Not sure many, from either side would agree with this.

HighRoller
    HR,
    As I recall it was Congress and our Republican President. I agree that any job taken by an illegal is equal to being outsourced.
    I thought W cut taxes yet outsourcing to other Countries is alive and thriving.
    "Our corporations should pay little or no taxes because they power our economy". Not sure many, from either side would agree with this.
    It was Congress and Bush, no argument there. When I speak of lower taxes for corporations, the current Dem congress is looking once again to jack up taxes on evil corps. Will that help hiring here? Nope. It will put more people on the Democrat loved welfare and unemployment roster.
    As for people not agreeing, if you drive corporations out of business or stifle them with taxes, who will give us the innovation and technology to compete worldwide? I'm all about the entrepreneur, but few small businesses change the world until they have the vision and resources to produce and distribute the product on a global scale. And the only the way to help small businesses become bigger ones is to eliminate the obstacles. The ridiculously redundant layer of taxation that employers face is a HUGE obstacle today. And no, the political parties won't agree about that but the businesses will...

Old Texan
    Tex,
    My point was that we have lost a huge number of quality jobs to other Countries. I am aware that the job market down your way is booming, as is still kind of the case with construction/building jobs in CA NV and AZ.
    Some want to make it sound like there are more jobs, Country wide, than there are workers which simply isn't the case.
    Hard to figure that statement out? Since unemployment has remained 5% and less under the last 2 administrations and the illegals have filled literally millions of positions in construction, services, and food processing, where is the lack of jobs?
    Another question: Why have so many manufacturing jobs gone to other countries? Could labor unions and their demands maybe have something to do with this? Costs to do business domestically? Ability to compete against imports?

ULTRA26 # 1
    Hard to figure that statement out? Since unemployment has remained 5% and less under the last 2 administrations and the illegals have filled literally millions of positions in construction, services, and food processing, where is the lack of jobs?
    Another question: Why have so many manufacturing jobs gone to other countries? Could labor unions and their demands maybe have something to do with this? Costs to do business domestically? Ability to compete against imports?
    Duh!
    More Profit???

Old Texan
    Duh!
    More Profit???
    That simple huh? Is profit bad?

SmokinLowriderSS
    For anyone but his employer, yes.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Of course not. Greed, at the cost of American jobs sent to others Counties or given to illegals, is bad, yes. Let's import some more top quality sh*t from China. That's what this Country needs, right Tex

never_fast_enuf
    What do you do for a living?
    Technical sales for a large high tech company. I travel all over the US and see/talk to all walks of life. I come from a very meager background and have worked my a$$ of to get to where I am today.
    The reality you decided to wrap yourself in doesn't exist...at least not outside your nut bag mind. I have zero sympathy and only contempt for people like you who chose to ignore the every day facts of life and cling to the wildest of implausible conspiracy's.
    Adjust your hat...people are reading your thoughts as we speak.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast