Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questionable Speed

Charger 18
    I know a guy on my lake that ownes a 2000 STV Euro Tunnel with a 2001 2.5 Merc and a lab finished 3 blade clever. He claims the top speed of the rig is 117 on radar, but I am optomistic about this speed because when I see this guy open her up it does not look like he is running at the speed he says he does. Is his boat capable of the speed he says it is running. I am only asking this because he looks down on anyone that does not have a boat that does over 90MPH.

HavasuDreamin'
    Charger 18:
    I know a guy on my lake that ownes a 2000 STV Euro Tunnel with a 2001 2.5 Merc and a lab finished 3 blade clever. He claims the top speed of the rig is 117 on radar, but I am optomistic about this speed because when I see this guy open her up it does not look like he is running at the speed he says he does. Is his boat capable of the speed he says it is running. I am only asking this because he looks down on anyone that does not have a boat that does over 90MPH.If the power head is a drag power head, then he should be running right around there.........say 115MPH or so. If it is a 260hp or 280hp power head, probably more like 100 - 105mph. Does he run NO2?

Screaming Pete
    Word to the wise, One should never look down on your friends that you might need a tow from!!!
    Pass that on to mister stv owner(note lower case)

STV_Keith
    It's POSSIBLE, but takes some work to get there. If it does go that fast, it's modified or on squeeze. Just drop your GPS in his boat and tell him to prove it. When he comes back, the "Max Speed" will tell the tale.

Screaming Pete
    Drop a GPS in a lier boat and he will run it to he flips the dang thing

Charger 18
    As far as I know he has a stock 2.5(280HP) with no work done to it, but I know that he does not run NOS. As far as putting a GPS in his boat, the only way this guy would let me get near his boat would be if I had a warrant or a gun, he gets very pissed if anyone doubts his speed for some reason. But he runs the 2.5 so damn hard it is not even funny, he buys them and then runs them full tilt the first weekend he has it on the water, he has blown up 3 brand new 2.5 powerheads in the last season and a half. Also, he just puts that STV of his through hell, he will run it full throttle in any condition and it already has a few stress cracks on the bottom of the hull. eek!

502procharger
    just wonderow big the boat is? i have a stoker sport tunnel with (2) 2.5 efi offshores and no way does it go even close to that speed. i assume it is much smaller than my 26' stoker.

STV_Keith
    19' for the STV's. Now if it's a 280hp, I could see those speeds. It's amazing how little HP it takes to make some big differences in speed.
    My STV only runs 80mph with the loaner motor I have right now...it's 220hp. With my 240hp EFI motor, it ran 97, running out of fuel at 7000.
    Check out http://www.stvowners.com There is a forum there where about 28% of the people claim 120+ mph rides.
    [ September 09, 2002, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: STV_Keith ]

Fast Old Guy
    Find out what pitch his prop is and what rpm he turns it, run the speed calculator and find out.

Charger 18
    I think that the boat is a 21 footer, but I'm not sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast