Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Man is almost cut in half by boat pro in mission bay

jbone
    I just saw this on the news, but nothing on the internet yet.
    At about 6pm this evening a man reversed into his friend at the launch ramp in Mission Bay (San Diego). The police said the prop nearly cut him in half. Obviously he dead. The news reported there we children on board the boat. It looked like a 18 ft Bayliner type boat.
    Very, very sad news. Oh by the way. Initial reports are alcohol was NOT involved.
    This is one reason I own a jet.
    J

jbone
    Boat prop, not boat pro.
    J

PaPaG
    At about 6pm this evening a man reversed into his friend at the launch ramp in Mission Bay (San Diego). The police said the prop nearly cut him in half. Obviously he dead. The news reported there we children on board the boat. It looked like a 18 ft Bayliner type boat.
    Very, very sad news. Oh by the way. Initial reports are alcohol was NOT involved.
    J
    That is sad...this is a great reason to own a jet

OverKill
    Exactly what I am trying to tell everyone in my avatar.
    OverKill

centerhill condor
    J
    yea, that only has to happen once! bummer.

NashvilleBound
    yea, that only has to happen once! bummer.
    :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

Miss Perfect
    SAN DIEGO: A man was killed in Mission Bay late yesterday after he fell into the water and the propeller of the motorboat his friends were riding in accidentally struck him, authorities said.
    The county Medical Examiner's Office identified the victim as Paul Bernard, 40, of Lake Forest.
    The accident occurred at about 5:30 p.m. at the Campland dock, said San Diego Lifeguard Lt. Nick Lerma.
    Bernard was either standing on the dock or on the boat's swim step when the boat moved forward, and he fell into the water. To avoid hitting another boat, the driver of the first boat shifted into reverse and the propeller struck Bernard.
    “It's very tragic,” Lerma said. “It underscores the need for boating safety and for boating operators to really keep their head on a swivel and stay aware at all times.”
    Police were investigating.

shueman

Baja Big Dog
    That's just plain bad...kids were there!!!!

ratso
    J
    ...that's almost as stupid as saying I won't own a jet because if I lose power the boat could turn hard left and I might run over and kill somebody.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast